- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Bookkeeping Workbook For Dummies Paperback – Oct 8 2007
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
From the general ledger to the balance sheet — solve bookkeeping problems with ease
In order to become a certified bookkeeper, you need to pass the test recently introduced by The American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers. No worries with this easy-to-follow guide! This hands-on workbook gets you up to speed in all the basics of bookkeeping, from setting up a company's books and recording transactions to managing employee payroll, handling government paperwork, and closing out the books. With the featured demonstration problems, complementary examples, and multiple-choice questions, you'll sharpen your bookkeeping skills for the real world and improve your performance on any test.
- Practice key concepts and skills through real-world bookkeeping problems
Know where you went wrong (or right) with a problem through step-by-step answers
Track day-to-day business operations, handle cash, and develop internal controls
Prove out your books, do your taxes, and get ready for a new bookkeeping year
About the Author
Lita Epstein, who earned her MBA from Emory University’s Goizueta Business School, enjoys helping people develop good financial, investing and tax-planning skills.
While getting her MBA, Lita worked as a teaching assistant for the financial accounting department and ran the accounting lab. After completing her MBA, she managed finances for a small nonprofit organization and for the facilities management section of a large medical clinic.
She designs and teaches online courses on topics such as investing for retirement, getting ready for tax time and finance and investing for women. She’s written over 20 books including Reading Financial Reports For Dummies and Trading For Dummies.
Lita was the content director for a financial services Web site, MostChoice.com, and managed the Web site, Investing for Women. As a Congressional press secretary, Lita gained firsthand knowledge about how to work within and around the Federal bureaucracy, which gives her great insight into how government programs work. In the past, Lita has been a daily newspaper reporter, magazine editor, and fundraiser for the international activities of former President Jimmy Carter through The Carter Center.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Minimal value to me as a Canadian.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
There are demonstration problems, complementary examples, and multiple-choice questions you'll find in this user-friendly primer, you'll sharpen your bookkeeping skills for the real world as you increase your ability to perform well on any test. Chapter quizzes let check your progress as you go, and step-by-step answers show you where you went wrong (or right) each problem. You'll feel your confidence —and competence—growing as you learn how to:
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Accounting
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Bookkeeping
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Accounting
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Books > For Dummies Store > Science > General
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Accounting
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Accounting > Bookkeeping
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Textbooks