Bose - Better Sound Through Research
The premium multimedia speaker system from Bose delivers multichannel sound that seems to surround you—without the clutter of five speakers. The Companion 5 system is designed to give you the excitement of surround sound content right at your computer.
Exclusive TrueSpace® surround digital processing circuitry spreads the sound around you, so the enveloping effects seem to come from areas where there aren't even any speakers. The experience is developed especially for computer listening—putting you right in the middle of the music, the game, the special effects.
Companion 5 speakers reproduce enveloping sound from just two visible speakers, putting you right in the middle of your favorite movie's special effects.
Easy to set up. Easy to use.
Hookup requires only a single USB connection from the computer speaker system to your PC or laptop—no special software or hardware upgrade needed. (For optimum performance, we recommend Windows XP or later. For Macintosh computers, OS X 10.4.6 or later.) The small, elegant computer speakers come mounted on stands for optimum performance and extra desktop space. And the Acoustimass module can be tucked out of the way under your desk.
Control at your fingertips
A convenient control pod features rotational volume control and one-touch mute. Dual inputs let you connect headphones and/or a second audio source, like an iPod® or a tablet.
Get more from your music. Get more into the game or movie. Whatever your computer entertainment passion, get more engaged with Bose® Companion 5 multimedia speakers.
- Specially engineered speaker arrays come fully assembled on stands for optimum performance and more usable desktop space.
The small, elegant satellite speakers come mounted on stands for optimum performance and extra desktop space.
- Versatile control pod houses volume control, single-touch mute, headphone jack and connection for a second audio source such as an MP3 player or tablet.
- Compact Acoustimass module provides clean low frequencies, allowing the desktop speakers to be very small without sacrificing performance. Module can be hidden neatly under your desk.
- Proprietary TrueSpace surround digital processing circuitry reproduces enveloping sound from just two visible speakers. Engineered for computer speaker listening, it creates a dramatic acoustic environment for games, DVDs and music.
- Single USB connection links the system to your computer. No special software, adapters or complicated wiring needed.
- Digital 5.1 audio playback brings music, games, movies and other 5.1-encoded material to life with much of the performance you'd expect from a five-speaker system.
- Magnetically shielded satellite speakers prevent monitor interference or damage to magnetic media.
- Proprietary integrated signal processing delivers lifelike performance at almost any volume level.
The Companion 5 system is designed to bring the excitement of surround sound content to your computer gaming.
- Compression circuitry keeps your music clear and undistorted at high volume levels.
- Active electronic equalization balances low, mid and high frequencies for more natural tone and clarity.
Each satellite speaker: 8.9 x 5.8 x 3.8 inches; 1.9 lbs
Acoustimass module: 8.5 x 6.75 x 16.75 inches; 15.4 lbs
|Weight ||19.2 lbs|
|Shipping Weight ||26.5 pounds|
What's in the box
- 2 satellite speakers with stands and cables
- Acoustimass module
- USB cable
- AC power cord
- Control pod and cable
| || |
Companion® 20 multimedia speaker system
Companion® 5 multimedia speaker system
Companion® 2 multimedia speaker system
|Speaker configuration and stands ||2 speakers ||2 speakers ||2 speakers with stands, Acoustimass® module ||2 speakers |
|Digital 5.1 audio playback || || ||✓ || |
|Audio Inputs ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ |
|Headphone jack || ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ |
|Single-touch mute || ||✓ ||✓ || |
|USB connectivity || || ||✓ || |
|Magnetically shielded speakers ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ |
|Control/connectivity ||Remote, plus volume and power controls on speaker. ||Control pod for volume, with single-touch mute. Headphone jack, second audio input. ||Control pod for volume, with single-touch mute. Headphone jack, second audio input. ||Volume control on speaker. Headphone jack, second audio input. |