is a detailed body movement and strength-training guide designed to challenge your limits and develop solid, functional strength. Created by Jeff Tucker (director for the CrossFit Gymnastics Trainer Course), the book offers hundreds of bodyweight movements rooted in elemental gymnastics, as well as numerous fitness programs that have proven successful for CrossFit athletes worldwide. Most fitness books focus on achieving one specific goal, such as lifting heavy weights or running long distances. Breaking Parallel
is designed to develop the type of strength that allows you to do a broad assortment of tasks for a prolonged period of time—the type of strength needed in everyday life.Breaking Parallel
is more than a book filled a series of movements. It teaches you the elements of basic gymnastics, allowing you to breakdown inefficient movement from a visual perspective. However, in addition to supplying you with the 'gymnastics eye,' Breaking Parallel
also teaches you how to fix a broad assortment of problems, including those that arise from strength issues, mobility issues, coordination issues, and issues caused by a lack of spatial awareness. Whether you are a coach, an athlete, or someone simply wanting to get into better shape, Breaking Parallel
will not only teach you how to execute an array of highly functional movements, but also how to perfect them.
The book includes:
- Conditioning drills for developing basic strength.
- Mobility exercises needed for sports and daily life.
- Handstand exercises that develop balance and upper body strength.
- Ring drills that allow you to develop stability control.
- Hollow form techniques for developing solid core strength.
- Parallette exercises for lower body development, core strength, and arm strength.
- Inverted forms for developing keen spatial awareness.