Breville BREBDC600XL YouBrew Drip Coffee Maker
- Single Cup' setting from regular to extra-large cup size
- Adjustable strength settings
- 1 year limited
This ships separately from other items in your order. The item ships in its original manufacturer's packaging and therefore the contents cannot be concealed.
Check Out the Breville Store on Amazon.ca
Breville is known around the world as a leader in innovative design and engineering in small appliances. With an obsession for food and a passion for delighting their customers, Breville small appliances make stunning additions to any counter top. To see the entire selection of Breville products available on Amazon.ca, click here.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Amazon.ca Product Description
The first coffee maker that tailors the brew for a cup, travel mug or carafe. The culmination of over 5 years of research into coffee and coffee lovers, the YouBrew navigates all the variables that make your perfect cup.Customize your brew strength with 7 settings that increase the amount of ground coffee, as well as your flavor profile with 5 settings that vary the steeping time of the coffee and water. The integrated burr grinder then grinds your choice of beans to the optimal size just prior to brewing for maximum freshness, flavor and aroma. The unique BrewIQ System ensures the right amount of coffee is dosed with the right amount of water while heating the water to the optimum temperature, then gives you the flexibility to brew directly into your favorite cup, travel mug or the included thermal carafe for weekend entertaining.A top-fill water tank ensures easy filling and a swing-out door allows for convenient access to the removable coffee basket for cleaning. Coffee basket includes a gold-tone filter and is also paper filter compatible.The YouBrew is made with BPA Free Materials.
Why the Breville YouBrew?
Most drip machines simply drip water over the coffee grounds to make coffee, but coffee needs to be steeped in hot water for full-bodied taste. The Breville YouBrew began with the question: how do you brew the perfect cup of coffee from a drip coffee machine?
The Breville YouBrew makes it possible for you to make your ideal cup of coffee with its unique coffee brewing system. In the single cup mode, the Breville YouBrew holds the coffee and water together for a stronger, more flavorful cup. The process is similar to how a French Press coffeemaker works, which allows the coffee and water to steep together for 4 minutes before drinking. This gives you more control over the flavor of your coffee. Simply choose your favorite bean and roast, choose your preferred strength, and choose your ideal flavor profile, and the YouBrew’s intelligent Brew IQ system does the rest. Your choice, your coffee nirvana, Breville’s YouBrew.
This is how the Breville YouBrew stands apart: it simplifies coffee-making but still makes it possible for you to customize your perfect cup.
A single-serve coffee machine that can multi-task
Single-serve coffee machines have made brewing coffee more convenient, but many of them don’t offer much flexibility in cup size, steeping time, or the amount of grounds used (especially if you’re using pre-manufactured coffee pods). The YouBrew navigates all the variables that make the perfect cup of coffee, from customizing brew strength (by adjusting the amount of coffee grounds used) and flavor (by varying the steeping time) to measuring and heating the right amount of water.
You’re also not limited to just one cup of coffee; the YouBrew can be used to brew both single-cup servings and multi-cup servings. The Breville YouBrew can brew from around 7.5 oz up to 12 cups of coffee, ensuring that you’ll never have more—or less—coffee than you need. No matter how much water or how many coffee beans you put in the machine, you can adjust the amount of coffee made since the YouBrew measures the volume of water and beans used before making each batch. No more arguments over the last cup, no more wasted coffee. You can brew into a cup, travel mug, or carafe—the YouBrew makes it easy no matter the size.
Coffee how you like it...
People who love coffee know what they love: whether it’s strong, bold, smooth, or delicate, coffee aficionados have their preferences. How can one coffee machine cater to their needs? The YouBrew allows you to adjust the strength and flavor profile of your single-cup serving. Seven different strength settings from mild to strong to intense and a choice of five different flavor profiles from light to bold give you more control over how much flavor is extracted from the grounds. Based on your preferences, the YouBrew adjusts the volume of coffee beans ground and the steeping time needed for your perfect cup. Don’t know what you like, or change your mind frequently? With the YouBrew, you can experiment with different strengths and flavors until you find the one that’s just right for you.
|Carafe||12-cup double wall stainless steel thermal||12-cup glass|
|Warming plate?||No||Yes, 2 hour auto shut-off or manual off|
|Bean hopper||0.5 lbs||0.5 lbs|
|Water tank capacity||12 cups||12 cups|
|Ability to select less than in tank?||Yes||No|
|Strength settings (varies amount of grinds)||7||7|
|Flavor settings (varies steeping time)||5 (only in 'Single Cup' setting)||5 (only in 'Single Cup' setting)|
|Compatible with the glass replacement carafe?||No||Yes|
|Accessories||Gold tone filter, cleaning brush for grinder and coffee chute||Gold tone filter, cleaning brush for grinder and coffee chute|
|Brews into a cup, travel mug, and carafe?||Yes||Yes|
|Housing||Stainless steel; parts that come in contact with water and coffee are BPA free||Stainless steel; parts that come in contact with water and coffee are BPA free|
...Coffee when you want it
Some like it hot, some like it even hotter—and with the YouBrew thermal carafe, even coffee from the pot several hours old is still hot. Brew a pot when you get up and you can keep drinking it all morning. Not a morning person? The YouBrew can be programmed to start making coffee at a specific time, making it easy to get started in the morning. Simply program it the night before, make sure that it is full of water and coffee beans, and coffee will be waiting for you when you get up. The YouBrew’s built-in burr grinder measures out and grinds the amount of beans necessary for the size and strength that you’ve selected, so no matter when you brew it, your coffee is as fresh as possible (though it’s still an option to use pre-ground coffee, if that’s your preference). If you’re in a hurry when you’re making a carafe of coffee, the Brew Pause feature allows you to pour a cup for yourself in the middle of the brew cycle so you don’t have to wait for the whole carafe to finish. It’s coffee that’s ready to go when you are.
Designed with the consumer in mind
Save money with the YouBrew: the YouBrew was designed to deliver freshly brewed coffee with none of the added cost (or waste) of coffee pods, so it's friendly to your pocket and the environment. The YouBrew is made from attractive stainless steel, making it not only durable but beautiful. Though taller than the average coffee machine to accommodate the burr grinder, the YouBrew can brew into a variety of cups, including tall travel mugs. And even with the YouBrew’s numerous options, it is easy to use. The blue back-lit LCD display is intuitive to use, showing size, strength, and flavor preferences in addition to the amount of water left in the reservoir and the time left until brewing is complete. The YouBrew is also easy to clean, reminding you to clean the filter and notifying you when it is necessary to go through the cleaning process of descaling. Coffee has never been simpler: enter your favorite settings and a fresh cup of coffee is literally a button push away.
- Built-in burr grinder grinds the perfect amount of beans for your preferred coffee strength, so your coffee is as fresh as possible every time you brew. A cleaning brush for cleaning the grinds chute (stored under the hopper), and a removable grinds catcher makes cleanup easy.
- Easy-fill water tank. Red float shows when the tank is full, and the amount of water in the tank is displayed on the LCD screen.
- LCD display with easy-to-understand graphics informs you of the phase of the brewing cycle (pre-heating, steeping, or brewing), counts down the brewing time, shows the amount of water in the tank, and notifies you if the machine needs to be cleaned.
- Single cup or carafe buttons allow you to choose the amount of coffee brewed, from around 7.5 oz. to 12 cups
- Adjustable brew strength and flavor profile, to tailor each cup to your specifications
- Autostart program allows you to program the YouBrew Glass to automatically start brewing your coffee in the morning
- Gold foil filter is included with the machine, but a paper filter can be used as well
- 12-cup glass carafe is included with the machine for larger servings. Built-in warming plate keeps the carafe warm after brewing.
- All the materials that come in contact with coffee or water are guaranteed to be BPA free
Your coffee, your way
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
First thing you need to know is the unit is really that big! It's beautiful if you like stainless steel but it does take up space. It won't comfortably fit under most kitchen cabinets because you need top access to the coffee bean hopper and the tank lid for pouring in fresh water. Breville makes all their appliances big and stainless steel bulky - it's meant to be displayed and will certainly earn the admiration of visitors.
Second, it is noisy, but the grinding isn't any noisier than any good grinder, I'm talking about $150+ grinders like a Baratza, not your cheap $20 grinders that tend to burn the coffee beans. The Breville grinder does a great job and the grinds are consistent in size throughout. The grinding doesn't last that long - depends on how many cups of coffee you're making. For a single cup, it grinds 5-10 secs, seriously, people nitpick the wrong things because they're so used to cheap grinders, not the quality ones that espresso aficionados use.
Third, the carafe does an outstanding job of keeping coffee warm for hours but I agree it is difficult to get out every last drop - the carafe's design is to keep the coffee warm without using a hot plate. I believe if you're buying such an expensive coffee maker you probably appreciate the taste of freshly ground and brewed coffee and are not looking to keep it hot for hours before consuming. This is not your truck stop coffee maker that makes sludge and overheats it for hours. This is for people who want fresh, fresh, fresh. You can make a cup at a time or any amount up to a carafe of 12 cups.Read more ›
It's best to use a drier coffee bean as well, the really oily ones cause the grinder chute to plug up and you need to frequently get in there with something small to unplug it. I've found the Kirkland Espresso Blend from Costco works great in it and makes superb coffee.
Knowing about these small issues makes this an awesome coffee maker, so much so I bought one for my parents. The thermos carafe keeps the coffee hot for a ridiculous amount of time without heating the coffee again. You will never again taste burnt coffee with this machine.
I was tempted to give this 5 stars because of how good the coffee is, but with the above issues I thought 4 stars was more appropriate.
- Don't need to measure out the coffee needed when using the whole beans - perfect cup of coffee every time. (this is my favorite. It lets me be lazy)
- Can make as much or as little coffee as you like - many single cup and carafe settings
- Can use fresh beans, or pre-ground coffee easily
- No need for t-discs or k-cups
- Carafe keeps the coffee warm for a long time - and fresh
- Carafe doesn't have a glass liner, like most do (less chance of breaking/leakage)
- Easy to clean, as far as all in one coffee makers go. Even comes with a mini-brush that stores in the grinder area, so it's on hand when you need it to clean the grinder/chute.
- Takes a bit longer to brew, even on single cup setting (it is worth it though - the coffee is much like that from a french press).
- Expensive up-front (though I find it's a good investment instead of buying coffee discs and the extra waste they cause)
- The price fluctuates drastically - by about $100.
- The interior of the carafe stains if you leave coffee in it for too long. This is really minor - and warned about in user manual. I consider this a fair trade-off for not using plastic or glass inside the carafe.
- It is definitely a learning experience trying to figure out which strength you want your coffee - don't underestimate even the mid-level settings. I love a strong cup of coffee and I find I'm most content with the 2nd lowest strength setting.
- Get a product protection plan if you can. If you're already going to spend this kind of money, protect your investment to extend the warranty.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
So far so good, had this over a year and no complaints. I love the single cup brew feature and that you can easily set the strength of the grind per cup. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Kristin Hammock
Purchased it earlier this year, and after 5 months the machine started boil over/burn the coffee. Cleaned the coffee maker repeatedly to no avail. Read morePublished 2 months ago by jc
Found the directions a little difficult for the new user!Published 2 months ago by Robert G. Hansen
Bought in Oct 2014. Am returning the 3rd machine we've had replaced in that time. First one had cracked water reservoir, 2nd ones door between coffee & basket stopped opening,... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Fiona
We have used this product for a while now. It has preformed as advertised . I have no complaints. Much more reasonable that other brands for the same fresh ground coffee.Published 5 months ago by David J Ellement
We have the YouBrew with the glass pot and I would not recommend. We purchased in April 2013 and have had two replacements both about six months apart since then as the water... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Glenna Russell
Though my husband loves this coffee maker, I find that I paid for a LOT of extras that he never uses. I doubt I would buy it again.Published 6 months ago by CJ Oliver