- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
A Brief History of Neoliberalism Paperback – Feb 8 2007
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
`Review from previous edition 'With characteristic brilliance, David Harvey offers a razor-sharp analysis of the history and current condition of neoliberalism. A must read if you want to know the state we are in and how to change it.'' Erik Swyngedouw, Professor of Geography, University of Oxford
`'This is a succinct account of what neoliberalism is, where it came from and where it is going.'' Morning Star
`'presents a concise but extremely well-documented economic history of the last three decades, encompassing not only the usual G7 countries but the entire world, with a particular emphasis on the US and capitalist China'.' Interactivist Info Exchange
From the Publisher
2 tables, numerous figures --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
For any way of thought to become dominant, a conceptual apparatus has to be advanced that appeals to our intuitions and instincts, to our values and our desires, as well as to the possibilities inherent in the social world we inhabit. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I give it 1 star short of 5 stars because it is not suitable for general public reading. Get your dictionary out for unusual words on about every 3rd page.
The International Simultaneous Policy Organisation (ISPO at Simpol.org) provides a profound worldwide solution to worldwide abusive capitalism.
Harvey provides a brief history of the 1947 meeting of Friedrich von Hayek, Ludvig von Mises, Milton Friedman and others which established the theory of neoliberalism. Beginning with the 1973 coup in Chile which overthrew democratically elected President Salvador Allende and installed a military dictatorship Harvey traces the history of the actual imposition of neoliberal practices.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Free Enterprise
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics > Policy & Current Events
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > History & Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political Doctrines
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Free Enterprise
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Economics
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political History
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy