- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Brief Therapy Client Handouts Paperback – Mar 9 2000
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Author
In my exploration of various theories and therapies as a clinician since 1973, I have been treated to an array of approaches--Gestalt, Rogerian, Transactional Analysis, NLP, hypnosis, Reevaluation Counseling, EMDR, cognitive therapy, behavior therapy, object relations theories, Jungian theories, various family therapies, energy therapies, and psychopharmacology. Although I have been eclectic in my treatment approach, I have consistently offered clients psychoeducational literature. I now pass these "therapy gifts" on to you so you can give your clients the gems of wisdom from so many theoretical orientations.
From the Back Cover
- Features concise articles, visual aids, self-assessments, and discussion sheets suitable for use with a variety of clients
- Contains over 100 well writen, informative, ready-to-use client handouts
- Includes a disk for easy customization of handouts
"These eminently worthwhile handouts are not only based on some of the finest scholarship available today, theyre also unusually accessible to the lay person. This is a resource I expect to draw upon again and again with my clients."
Leon F. Seltzer, PhD author of Paradoxical Strategies in Psychotherapy
Many therapists provide psycho-educational information and recommend helpful literature to their clients as a means of promoting growth and change in between sessions. This unique sourcebook provides a comprehensive collection of over 100 concise, informative handouts for distribution to your current or prospective clients.
Organized around the topics of relationship dynamics and specific disorders, these sensitively written handouts offer clients valuable information about common psychological problems, as well as practical, therapeutically sound advice on strategies for changing behaviors or interactional patterns. The user-friendly design allows you to easily photocopy the handouts you are most likely to use or customize them to your needs using the included disksaving you precious time in the office and maximizing the full potential of the material.
This remarkable resource features:
- Preliminary assessment tools to help clients partner with therapists in targeting problem areas and identifying pertinent diagnoses
- Review sheets for behavior strategies that change problems and help therapists design treatment programs
- Discussion sheets for spouses, parents, and family members that promote communication
- Visual aids that explain problems at a glance
Brief Therapy Client Handouts helps you reinforce and validate ideas presented in therapy and comfort your clients during those lonely, anxious times in between sessions.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
I was impressed with the visual aids, assessment questionnaires and progress charts to help clients understand their problems and set up programs for change.
The range of problems covered in this book is so comprehensive that I've been able to find at least one helpful handout for each of my clients. I find the disk format especially helpful. I'm able to quickly print exactly what I want, and I can personalize the handouts any way I like. I have found that my clients develop a better understanding of their problems and begin to work on change more quickly when I give them these handouts at the beginning of therapy. I think this is a wonderful resource for both therapist and client!
If the therapist cannot trust the recommendations that the handouts have, what use are the handouts??? I like the concept and the organization but the research and recommendations are out of date! I am returning this book!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Movements
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychoanalysis
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Social Work
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Social Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Mental Health
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy