|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
Imagine it -- a tough robot that travels where you can't (even in total darkness), sees what lies hidden from your eyes, reports back instantaneously with live color video and audio, and can even converse with the carbon-based life forms it encounters -- all for less than $200!
It's no dream. Once again, it's Brad Graham and Kathy McGowan to the rescue! The imaginative creators of the most original bike-builder's guide in the universe now bring their beginner-friendly, budget-savvy, heavily illustrated, and creativity-packed methods to the exciting world of robotics.
Inside Build Your Own All-Terrain Robot, Brad and Kathy help even total newcomers to robots and home workshops to construct a rugged, video-controlled, talking, seeing, interacting explorer 'bot with a range of over a mile for under $200!
This book may be the easy way into the world of video-controlled robotics, but it delivers exciting results! It gives you all the help you need to:
* Follow easy plans, illustrations, and instructions to build a talented, versatile, and rugged off-road robot
* Make your robot your alter-ego -- see what it sees, hear what it hears, and speak with anyone it meets
* Control you robot from a block away using a video link
* Customize the chassis to suit your own needs -- several design ideas are presented with a variety of options
* Develop an explorer robot with serious scientific capabilities
* Teach your robot to think for itself with free software
* And much, much more!
BUILD "EARTH EXPLORER"!
Whether you have serious scientific objectives or just want to surprise your pals, you don't have to dream of owning a video-controlled robot anymore. You can build a sophisticated 'bot for less than you ever imagined!