From the Back Cover
YOUR DREAM ELECTRONICS LAB IS WAITING INSIDE
This value-packed resource provides everything needed to put together a fully functioning home electronics workshop! From finding space to stocking it with components to putting the shop into action -- building, testing, and troubleshooting systems -- popular electronics author Tom Petruzzellis' Build Your Own Electronics Workshop has it all! And the best part is, this book shows you how to build many pieces of equipment yourself and save money, big time!
ALL THE HELP YOU NEED
Sophisticated and comprehensive enough for those who want to enter electronics semiprofessionally, yet reader-friendly enough for a beginner to understand and follow, this illustrated guide helps you:
- Find the right spot for your workshop, even in crowded apartments
- Select needed tools and equipment, from money-saving listed sources
- Learn soldering from the ground up
- Master circuit board and wiring techniques
- Conquer electronics troubleshooting and testing methods
- Build many of the pieces of equipment you need yourself, if you choose
- Discover the possibilities of circuit-board-design and CAD/CAM software
BUILD IT WITH TOM AND SAVE!
Build Your Own Electronics Workshop gives you clear, illustrated directions for making many of the components for your shop yourself, including:
- Function/Signal Generator
- Frequency Counter
- Bench Power Supply
- Continuity Tester
- Battery Tester
- Capacitor Tester
- Logic Injector/Probe
- L/C Tester
- Transistor Tester
About the Author
is an electronics engineer currently working with the geophysical field equipment in the geology department at the State University of New York, Binghamton. Tom has over 30 years' experience in electronics and he is a veteran author who has written extensively for industry publications, including Electronics Now, Modern Electronics, QST, Microcomputer Journal, Circuit Cellar
and Nuts & Volts.
The author of three earlier books: STAMP 2 Communications and Control Projects; Optoelectronics, Fiber Optics,
and Laser Cookbook; Alarm, Sensor, and Security Circuit Cookbook,
all from McGraw-Hill, he lives in Vestal, New York.