- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Building High-Tech Clusters: Silicon Valley and Beyond Paperback – Jun 10 2010
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Review of the hardback: 'By covering a wide range of cases around the world they can make meaningful comparisons and contrasts ... a collection of essays with a clear purpose and in a coherent manner ... is certainly a book worth reading and recommending.' Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy
The contributors study how centers of industrial and technological innovation such as Silicon Valley get started. These "clusters" have many entrepreneurial high tech firms in a small area which give rise to rapid economic growth. No other analysts have studied systematically how such clusters start, though many earlier works have studied Silicon Valley in its mature phase. The contributors show that the key public and business policy elements of starting up a cluster are common across many regions, countries, and time periods.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Clusters of high-tech industry, such as Silicon Valley, have received a great deal of attention from scholars and in the public policy arena. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Theory
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > High-Tech
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Industrial
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Manager's Guides to Computing
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Urban Planning & Development
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Theory
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Industrial
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Economics > Economic Theory
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology