This Wrox Blox walks you through building a desktop application using your favorite text editor and the Flex 3 command-line tools, leveraging the Flex Framework to browse and manipulate images found on your local system using the Adobe AIR API included in the Flex 3 SDK. Adobe AIR is a cross-platform runtime that gives you the ability to bring the rich Internet application experience to the desktop. Building a photo gallery is an excellent place to start when delving into the system features of the Adobe AIR API included in the Flex 3 SDK. Readers will also be introduced to the native drag-and-drop capabilities and File I/O features of the Adobe AIR API as they pertain to bitmap data.
Usage Rights for Wiley Wrox Blox
Any Wrox Blox you purchase from this site will come with certain restrictions that allow Wiley to protect the copyrights of its products. After you purchase and download this title, you:
- Are entitled to three downloads
- Are entitled to make a backup copy of the file for your own use
- Are entitled to print the Wrox Blox for your own use
- Are entitled to make annotations and comments in the Wrox Blox file for your own use
- May not lend, sell or give the Wrox Blox to another user
- May not place the Wrox Blox file on a network or any file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone other than yourself to access it
- May not copy the Wrox Blox file other than as allowed above
- May not copy, redistribute, or modify any portion of the Wrox Blox contents in any way without prior permission from Wiley
If you have any questions about these restrictions, you may contact Customer Care at (877) 762-2974 (8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday). If you have any issues related to Technical Support, please contact us at 800-762-2974 (United States only) or 317-572-3994 (International) 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday).