From the Back Cover
An implementer's guide to setting up, configuring, and managing a secure wireless network
Whether you're creating wireless networks for the home, small office, or enterprise, this innovative book presents a step-by-step approach to successfully building a wireless LAN that meets all of your security needs. Beginning with a comprehensive introduction and overview of 802.11b technology, this book takes you through the planning and design guidelines for implementing wireless LANs. While emphasizing the proper security measures for you to take, the authors will help you develop a wireless LAN, choose the right equipment for your deployment scenario, and implement the steps for thorough provisioning of equipment. You'll also find critical information on how to maintain and troubleshoot your wireless LAN to keep it up and running.
Written by Wi-Fi security experts, this book gives you the tools to plan and implement a secure wireless LAN based on 802.11 Wi-Fi technology. The authors:
* Address the concerns about security for 802.11b networks and describe effective solutions
* Discuss the benefits, deployment scenarios, costs, and security of wireless LANs
* Offer a clear perspective of interoperability with related wireless standards like 802.11a, HomeRF, and Bluetooth
* Present the most common practices that are used to ensure security of a LAN
* Explain how to connect a wireless LAN with a remote network using virtual private networks (VPNs)
About the Author
JAHANZEB KHAN is Principal Engineer with RSA Security, Inc., where he is responsible for the research and development of encryption, Public Key Infrastructure, and wireless LAN Security standards. He is active in the 802.11b community and is a member of IEEE International.
ANIS KHWAJA works in the IT department of a leading financial services firm. Khwaja has more than fifteen years of experience in networking and is currently involved in deployment of 802.11b (Wi-Fi) networks.