Building Service-Aware Networks
The Next-Generation WAN/MAN
Muhammad Afaq Khan, CCIE® No. 9070
A thorough introduction to the ASR 1000 series router
Building Service-Aware Networks is the insider’s guide to the next-generation Aggregation Services Router (ASR) 1000. Authored by a leading Cisco® expert, this book offers practical, hands-on coverage for the entire system lifecycle, including planning, setup and configuration, migration, and day-to-day management.
Muhammad Afaq Khan systematically introduces the ASR 1000’s evolved architecture, showing how the ASR 1000 can deliver major performance and availability improvements in tomorrow’s complex, collaborative, mobile, and converged network environments. Then, to help you plan your network deployments more effectively, the author walks you through realistic deploy-ment scenarios for IP routing, IP services, WAN optimization services, security services, and unified communications. He presents a wide variety of realistic, easy-to-adapt configuration examples for enterprise and provider inetworks, including everything from command-line interface (CLI) snippets to best practices for troubleshooting.
- Understand tomorrow’s enterprise business requirements, the demand they create for routing infrastructure, and how the ASR 1000 meets them
- Leverage the ASR 1000’s revolutionary system architecture to dramatically improve performance and availability
- Select and qualify an enterprise edge platform for next-generation WANs
- Understand ASR 1000 series architecture, hardware, software, packaging, licensing, and releases
- Perform initial ASR 1000 setup and configuration
- Implement In Service Software Upgrades (ISSU)
- Size routers for enterprise and carrier environments
- Consolidate multiple applications, platforms, and functions onto the ASR 1000
- Troubleshoot ASR 1000 common system error messages, step by step
This book is part of the Networking Technology Series from Cisco Press®, which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.
Covers: Routing and Switching