- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Business Intelligence in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Paperback – Apr 14 2011
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
John Campbellis a program manager with Microsoft’s Excel Services team.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Initially I was going to say that this book focused more on talking about the capabilities of BI (business intelligence) in SharePoint Server but as I got more into the book I found there were more and more hands on examples which made it really great. The only problems with these examples is that they require a high level of product and setup to really take advantage of but they certainly do give insight into what BI is possible with SharePoint especially when combined with SQL server.
This book is therefore great for people looking to understand the high end features of SharePoint Server 2010 (and to some extend Office 365) but it does require an investment in products such as Visio, SQL Reporting and so on that in many cases are not readily obtained or implemented. This is certainly not a book for end users and is more aimed at the IT Professional looking to bring the integration required for BI into the workplace. However, for the IT professional looking to scale up their SharePoint skills to the higher level of product and potentially to the abilities provided by Office 365 this is more than a worthwhile reference for the library.
For example, for PowerPivot this book has step by step guide on how to load data into PowerPivot for Excel from database, Windows Azure Marketplace or clipboard, how to write simple DAX formulas, how to create charts/reports and how to publish and use your workbook in SharePoint.
Overall this is great book!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Data Mining
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Networking
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Data in the Enterprise > Client-Server Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Intranets & Extranets
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Business
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Database Storage & Design