countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Size: Large|Change

on March 14, 2016
I love that this is so inexpensive compared to the Kong toys, and it's uber-cute! I bought a bunch of these, removed the rubber tips and fill it and freeze it the same way as the Kong. I also bought the Puppy Squirrel Dude and left it as is, so that I can differentiate from the purple ones which were stuffed and which had kibble. He likes to throw them both around to see what will pop out!
I haven't had the same issue as some people in terms of a smell, but I do throw them into the top rack of the dishwasher after each one has been played with and they come out great.
My boy is a chewer, but he doesn't have a strong enough bite to tear these apart (a 9mo old beagle/coonhound mix), and I do like that the rubber is more malleable than a Kong so that he can step on it and break/mush up pieces inside.
I'm not going to lie - my pup is super spoiled which is why he also has the Waggle toy and Twist N' Treat which he seems to like a lot better for getting dry kibble treats out of.
on August 2, 2015
Awesome toy. Much better than the Kongs that are similar. The Kongs are missing the tiny pieces that hold the snacks or treats in. This keeps my dog busy for a good 15 minutes, bouncing and throwing it to get whatever is on the inside out.

After most of the items are out, there are always a few pieces of kibble that no matter how hard he throws it, they are stubbornly stuck inside. He will climb up the stairs or the back of the chair to drop it from an higher level, increasing the "bounce" factor to get the remaining bits out. LOVE THIS TOY.
on September 19, 2014
Durable rubber and keeps my dog entertained. But when it first arrived it had a strong rubber smell. Had to soak it in soapy water and let it air out for a week before giving it to my dog. Wouldn't buy again but has lasted a year and my dog chews through everything.
on July 25, 2016
My dog loves tossing this thing around and shaking out the treats. Easy to clean (dishwasher top rack) and provides a challenge for dogs to get treats out of as it has some internal tabs unlike a Kong.
on July 31, 2014
My dog liked it at first, but within a week he no longer touched it.

It is a great alternative to a kong. My dog was never a fan of kongs either so I think he is just being picky. I am sure other dogs would enjoy it.

It did have a weird texture inside of, I washed it like crazy because I had no idea what it was. It also smelled kind of bad. After washing a lot it all went away though.
on December 24, 2013
What I love about this toy is that it is similar in construction to the kong but cuter and half the price :). Bailey is thoroughly enjoying it and seeks it out when she wants to play. I also really like that you can remove the rubber nubbies inside to fit more or bigger treats - very important when you have to put your pet in a kennel for a little bit, keeps them occupied. Keep up the great work :)
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 25, 2015
As other reviewers have said, this is similar to a Kong in shape and that you can place treats in it but it is a lot softer. It has a very 'chemically' smell and I had to pull loose bits of rubber out of the interior. I tried to find information on the rubber to see what it was composed of but the only thing I found on the PetSafe website was:

"Busy Buddy toys are tested to the same standard as children's toys. They're made of thick, durable rubber and designed for the unique needs of every dog."

After washing this toy several times the smell wouldn't go away so I didn't feel comfortable allowing my dogs to chew on it. If I had I feel it would require more supervision than a Kong due to the quality of the rubber and the fact that my dogs are pretty crazy chewers (Lab and German Shepherd).
on February 5, 2012
This squirrel was a bit larger than I anticipated but that just makes it even more durable. The hole at the bottom has 4 pieces that prevent the treats from falling out. As it is, it will take a determined dog to get the treats out. Our dog is less enthusiastic so, as the package tells you that you can, we trimmed them so the treats will fall out when it rolls or is dropped. Great value for the money!
on June 29, 2015
I bought this to add to my Kong collection, to stuff and freeze to give my puppy in her crate.

This is not work as a replacement for a classic Kong toy. The rubber is softer, and there are rubber prongs around the hole so any treats/food inside can't simply be licked out. This means I can't just stuff it and freeze it, but it turns out that's okay! Even though it didn't meet the requirements that I bought it for, it is still a fabulous toy, and my puppy will spend hours playing with it (picking it up, dropping it, throwing it, batting at it) in hopes that more treats will fall out, even when it's empty, so it's been a great investment that keeps her occupied!
on May 7, 2014
I use Kongs for my dogs treats usually but they come out way too easily even when frozen! This squirrel dude is great, you can stuff it full of small pieces of kibble (for my dogs who will do anything for kibble) and they take forever to get out. Their tongue is ineffective and they have to squeeze the sides to get the kibble to drop, or throw it around to get small pieces out. At first I was concerned that the prongs at the bottom (that keep the kibble in) would get chewed off by my dogs but they can't even reach the prongs with their teeth. Very great quality and I've since bought a second one so my dogs don't have to take turns!