Buying and Selling a Home For Canadians For Dummies Paperback – Feb 7 2006
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Includes expanded chapters on buying and selling condos.
The Canadian bestseller, fully revised and updated
Buying a house is one of the most costly investments you'll ever make. Buying a house is one of the most costly investment you'll ever make. Likewise, getting the best price when you sell can help you move up and into something better. Even though a lot is riding on these decisions, sit back, relax, and let this handy reference take you on a tour of the Canadian real estate scene. You'll be charting a course to domestic bliss in no time.
Vancouver-based Tony Ioannou has worked in Canadian real estate for more than 20 years and is a senior associate and manager with Dexter Associates Realty. Heather Ball is a Toronto-based writer and editor.
Discover how to:
- Select a mortgage type that works for you
- Choose a home that fits you lifestyle
- Negotiate your way to the best deal
- Price your house to sell
- Make your home attractive to buyers
Get Smart! @ www.dummies.com
- Find listing of all our books
- Choose from many different subject categories
- Sign up for eTips at etips.dummies.com
- Explanations in Plain English
- "Get in, get out" Information
- Icons and other navigations aids
- Tear-out cheat sheet
- Top ten lists
- A dash of humour and fun
About the Author
Tony Ioannou is currently a senior associate and manager with Dexter Associates Realty in Vancouver, and has been interviewed many times in the Vancouver and national media about the state of the real estate market and the industry in general.
Tony obtained his real estate licence in 1984, and has consistently been a top-producing salesperson with NRS Block Bros., and with Dexter Associates Realty since 1990. In 1990, he obtained his agents (managing brokers) licence, but continues to enjoy working as a residential real estate sales person primarily on the West Side of Vancouver. He has also worked as a division director for the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver, sits on a number of industry committees, teaches a real estate course to new real estate agents, and speaks to the public about real estate at seminars and shows.
Tony was born and raised in Sydney, Australia, and immigrated with his family to Vancouver in 1973. He completed high school in Vancouver and obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Urban Geography from the University of British Columbia. He has lived in Vancouver’s Kitsilano neighbourhood for the past 25 years and is an avid mountain biker, motorcyclist, and golfer.
Heather Ball is an editor and writer at Colborne Communications in Toronto. She has worked on book projects covering topics such as genealogy, cooking, and ladder safety. She is also the author of two non-fiction books for children.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Sales & Selling
- Books > Business & Investing > Real Estate > Buying & Selling Homes
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Real Estate
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Personal Finance
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Real Estate
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Sales & Selling