Cisco authorized self-study book for CCDP® 642-871 architectures foundation learning
Prepare for the CCDP ARCH exam 642-871 with the Cisco authorized self-study guide. This book teaches you how to:
- Understand the composition and deployment of the Cisco AVVID framework in network design
- Understand the composition and role of the Enterprise Composite Network Model in enterprise network design
- Design enterprise campus networks and their edge network connectivity to the Internet
- Understand and implement network management solutions in the network
- Integrate new technologies designed to enhance network performance and availability in the enterprise, such as high availability, QoS, multicasting, and storage and content networking
- Design and implement appropriate security solutions for enterprise networks
- Deploy wireless technologies within the enterprise
- Implement and design IP telephony solutions for the enterprise network
CCDP Self-Study: Designing Cisco Network Architectures (ARCH) is a Cisco® authorized self-paced learning tool. By presenting a structured format for the conceptual and intermediate design of AVVID network infrastructures, this book teaches you how to design solutions that scale from small to large enterprise networks and take advantage of the latest technologies. Whether you are preparing for the CCDP® certification or simply want to gain a better understanding of how to architect network solutions over intelligent network services to achieve effective performance, scalability, and availability, you will benefit from the foundation information presented in this book.
This comprehensive book provides detailed information and easy-to-grasp tutorials on a broad range of topics related to architecture and design, including security, fine-tuning routing protocols, switching structures, and IP multicasting. To keep pace with the Cisco technological developments and new product offerings, this study guide includes coverage of wireless networking, the SAFE Blueprint, content networking, storage networking, quality of service (QoS), IP telephony, network management, and high availability networks. Design examples and sample verification output demonstrate implementation techniques. Configuration exercises, which appear in every chapter, provide a practical review of key concepts to discuss critical issues surrounding network operation. Chapter-ending review questions illustrate and help solidify the concepts presented in this book.
CCDP Self-Study: Designing Cisco Network Architectures (ARCH) is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco Systems® that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
This volume is in the Certification Self-Study Series offered by Cisco Press®. Books in this series provide officially developed training solutions to help networking professionals understand technology implementations and prepare for the Cisco Career Certifications examinations.