Practice for the new CCNA exam #640-801, as well as #640-607, with hands-on networking lab scenarios
- Build your own home internetworking lab from the ground up and use it to master essential internetworking skills
- Select Cisco router components and navigate within Cisco IOS(r) Software
- Gain access to Cisco routers and switches and configure a terminal server to access each lab router
- Configure hostnames and set passwords
- Configure router interfaces such as Ethernet, Token Ring, Loopback, and Serial
- Configure multiple routing protocols, including RIP, IGRP, and EIGRP
- Implement route redistribution to share routing information between routing domains
- Connect remote offices to the main network with ISDN DDR
- Integrate IPX into the network
- Control access with standard and extended access lists
- Troubleshoot common network failures
Understanding the concepts covered on the Cisco Certified Network Associate exam is no longer sufficient to succeed on the test. In order to be completely prepared to succeed on the exam, as well as in your daily job as a CCNA engineer, you must be able to apply conceptual knowledge effectively in a production environment. CCNA Practical Studies is the first book of its kind, providing you with a series of detailed lab scenarios that illustrate the application of key internetworking topics.
CCNA Practical Studies is a comprehensive reference that helps you gain essential hands-on experience in home-, work-, or remote access-based lab environments. An equally effective supplement to concept-based study guides or stand-alone reference for applying CCNA knowledge pre- or post-test, this book presents numerous examples that cover the entire range of CCNA topics. Starting at the physical layer of the OSI model, you use a layered approach to learn how to build a small network.
Each chapter tackles a major subject area such as router configuration, routing protocols, bridging and switching, ISDN, access lists, IPX, and more. Each subject presents a mini-lab, walking you through the lab scenario and explaining in detail the commands used, why the authors chose the specific commands, and the resulting configurations. Comprehensive configuration and troubleshooting labs are added to the end of the book, allowing you to understand how routing technologies interact. This step-by-step lab scenario approach is designed to teach you how to apply the knowledge acquired in the process of becoming a CCNA. Whether you are preparing for the CCNA exam, seeking to enhance your on the job skills, or looking to gain confidence before your next job interview, you will find the lessons laid out in this book invaluable.
This book is part of the Cisco Press Practical Studies Series, which offers readers a means to apply theoretical knowledge through hands-on lab scenarios for key networking technologies. This unique approach enables readers to practice and hone their internetworking skills while preparing for Cisco certification exams.