- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
CCSP Complete Study Guide: Exams 642-501, 642-511, 642-521, 642-531, 642-541 Hardcover – Apr 1 2005
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The Most Comprehensive and Current CCSP Self-Study Solution on the Market!
Here's the comprehensive and economical self-study solution that will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to approach the CCSP exams with confidence. This Study Guide was developed to meet the exacting requirements of today's certification candidates. In addition to the consistent and accessible instructional approach that has earned Sybex the reputation as the leading publisher for certification study guides, this book provides:
- Clear and concise information on securing Cisco internetworks
- Practical examples and insights drawn from real-world experience
- Leading-edge exam preparation software, including a testing engine and electronic flashcards
- 642-501: Securing Cisco IOS Networks
- 642-511: Cisco Secure VPN
- 642-521: Cisco Secure PIX Firewall Advanced
- 642-531: Cisco Secure Intrusion Detection System
- 642-541: Cisco SAFE Implementation
About the Author
Wade Edwards, CCIE, has over 15 years of networking experience and has been actively involved in the computer industry for over 24 years.
Todd Lammle, CCNP is CEO and Chief Scientist of RouterSim, LLC and President of GlobalNet Training, Inc., and is the author of the best-selling CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide from Sybex.
Tom Lancaster, CCIE, is a consultant with IBM Global Services.
Justin Menga, CCIE, is a Network Solutions Architect in the wireless and e-infrastructure field in New Zealand.
Eric Quinn, CCSI, CCNP + Voice is an Arizona-based instructor and security consultant.
Jason Rohm, CCIE, is a network consultant and adjunct instructor from Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Carl Timm, CCIE, has over 10 years of experience in the design and implementation of large scale IP-based internetworks.
Bryant Tow has over 15 years of experience in the IT industry as an instructor and entrepreneur.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I then saw that Sybex had released a brand new "Complete" book for the CCSP. I assumed that Sybex would read reviews such as the ones listed in Amazon to improve this publication. I believe I was wrong. I can not be completely sure but I believe that this Complete version is just a combination of the individual books, with no updating.
I used this Complete book to study for the 642-501 (seeing as how the individual Sybex book received decent reviews). The disturbing item was that the Secur section of the Complete book still did not include information on SDM and Router MC, two topics that I was quizzed on when I took the exam. Fortunately, I had read the Amazon reviews on the individual book and was prepared by supplementing my study on these two items.
I am forced to believe that the publication of this book was an effort by Sybex to soley make money and not to better their their product offering.
I used the CiscoPress book to pass the 642-511 exam. I am currently using the CiscoPress book to study for the 642-521 exam.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Exams > CCSP
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Publisher > Cisco
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Publisher > Sybex
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Hardware
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Security
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Security & Encryption > Encryption
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking