- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
CCTV for Security Professionals Hardcover – Dec 23 2002
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
...brings together customers and vendors with a book that lays down the foundation of video surveillance. - Security Management
...Nontechnical security managers stand to gain the most, specifically the knowledge to communicate effectively with equipment sales personnel. - Security Management
For the equipment vendor, this book should lead to a better understanding of customer needs and perspectives. - Security Management
And anyone else who isn't already fluent in the language of coax, CODECs, and connectors will receive a fine overview. - Security Management
The information you need to select the ideal closed-circuit television (CCTV) system --or to design your own!See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
"CCTV for Security Professionals" begins with older VHS tape-based analog technologies and moves through more advanced digital disk-based applications--but the real value of the book comes from a discussion of requirements for camera selection, placement, and lighting. The book is useful as an overview as well as a reference.
Textbook style manual with few photos and no diagrams. Well organized but badly needs updating. No review of DVRs or flat panel monitors. Outdated review of PTZ CCTVs.
Other than the delivery problems, the book was in good conditions.
This is only one thumb up.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers > Vocational Guidance
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Production & Operations
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Manager's Guides to Computing
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Video > Technical
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Production & Operations
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electronics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Industrial Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Safety & Health
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications > Television & Video
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Education
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Applied
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Safety & Health
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Counseling
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Electrical & Electronic Engineering