- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
CWNA: Certified Wireless Network Administrator Official Study Guide: Exam PW0-105 Paperback – May 1 2012
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The Official Study Guide for Exam PW0-105
Prepare for Exam PW0-105 and certification as a Certified Network Wireless Administrator with this new edition of the Official Study Guide from CWNP. This comprehensive resource covers everything you need to know for the exam, including RF fundamentals and components, wireless LAN topologies and access, intrusion monitoring, attacks, troubleshooting, and many other essential topics and concepts. Inside you'll find:
- Full coverage of all exam objectives in a systematic approach, so you can be confident you're getting the instruction you need for the exam
- Practical hands-on exercises to reinforce critical skills
- Real-world scenarios that put what you've learned in the context of actual job roles
- Challenging review questions in each chapter to prepare you for exam day
- Exam Essentials, a key feature in each chapter that identifies critical areas you must become proficient in before taking the exam
- A handy tear card that maps every official exam objective to the corresponding chapter in the book, so you can track your exam prep objective by objective
Look inside for complete coverage of all exam objectives.
Includes Real-World Scenarios, Hands-On Exercises, and Access to Leading-Edge Exam Prep Software Featuring:
- Custom Test Engine
- Practice Exams
- Over 350 Electronic Flashcards
- Glossary of Terms
- White Papers, Videos, Demo Software, and More
About the Author
David D. Coleman, CWNE #4, CWST, CWNA, CWSP, CWNT, is the Global Training Manager for Aerohive Networks. He is the author of numerous books and white papers about Wi-Fi technology and also holds Microsoft and Cisco certifications. He is also a member of the CWNE Roundtable, made up of the most respected wireless professionals in the world. David A. Westcott, CWNE #7, CWST, CWNA, CWSP, CWNT, is an independent consultant and technical trainer with over 23 years of experience. David has been a certified trainer for over 15 years. He is also a member of the CWNE Roundtable. Both coauthored the two previous editions of the CWNA Study Guide.
About the CWNP Program
CWNP is the industry standard for vendor-neutral, enterprise WLAN certifications. The focus is to educate IT professionals in the technology behind all enterprise WLAN products and to enable these professionals to manage wireless LAN enterprise infrastructures, regardless of the vendor solution utilized. CWNP is a privately held corporation based in Atlanta, Georgia. For more information, visit www.cwnp.com.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1. THE BOOK
The book is well written. It's easy to understand, and overall, a pleasant read, albeit dry as expected. It's not as bad as other books I've read though. This one will not bore you to death quite as bad as the rest. It is, however, filled to the brim with useful information, even some that's not required for the exam. Normally I'd say the irrelevant info would be a bad thing, as it would distract you from the objective, but in this book, it's a great thing. The authors make it a point to tell you they are going over the top, but are teaching you very important lessons that will most certainly help you grasp the content at hand much better.
2. THE EXTRAS
This is where my biggest problems were. It wasn't implied, so expecting it was my own fault, but I did expect a .pdf copy of the book included with the software extras that comes with it. This is pretty much common place now a days, and I was disappointed to see that it wasn't included. There were no extras included physically with the book. They are all a download from either Sybex or CWNP. DO NOT GET THE FILES FROM SYBEX! There are multiple errors on their copy, and it makes following the exercises in the book difficult. The correct version of the files can be downloaded from CWNP from [...]
3. THE CONCLUSION
All in all, this is a great book. It is the only official study guide for the CWNA exam, and reading it, following the extras (especially the flash cards), doing the labs, and re-reading this text will ensure you pass the exam the first time. I personally have kept record of my scores for each 'review questions' section at the end of each chapter, and feel confident I could pass the exam. I am, however, reading the book a second time now to better solidify the knowledge to make passing the exam even easier. I feel I could pass it now, after reading it only once, but it never hurt to be prepared.
Even some of the most experienced IT professionals are pretty ignorant on Wi-Fi. Makes sense since IT folks are used to a digital world, but to really understand Wi-Fi it takes an understanding of RF also.
This book if far from easy, the concepts are pretty hard to master. But the book presents the concepts in as easy to understand way as possible. If you master this book you will really understand Wi-Fi, but if your new to it it's going to be quite an effort. For those of you for this is a bit too much, try the CWTS book in the same series from CWNP - still quite good but less intense, as it's the study guide for the CWNP's entry level test, while the CWNA book is the study guide for CWNP's higher level exam.
I passed my CWNA exam on the first try, with a perfect score.
I would rec this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Publisher > Sybex
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Administration
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs > Networks
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > APIs & Operating Environments > Palm OS
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking