- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Cambridge Grammar for IELTS Student's Book with Answers and Audio CD Paperback – Oct 23 2006
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Cambridge Grammar for IELTS provides complete coverage of the grammar needed for the IELTS test, and develops listening skills at the same time. It includes a wide range of IELTS tasks from the Academic and General Training Reading, Writing and Listening modules, and contains helpful grammar explanations and a grammar glossary. A Student's Book 'without answers' is also available.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The diagnostic test is a useful and quick tool. There is an answer key so students can work independently. The only thing missing is an explanation of the "test" items. Hopefully, there will be a website or online version of this soon!
It is not enough for IELTS test practice, but for getting grammar in context, it's the best I've ever seen. Accompany it with the Cambridge IELTS practice tests for excellent, thorough exam preparation.
It is divided in 25 Units, but at the end of the book you will also find the recording scripts plus two appendixes (irregular verbs and phrasal verbs). Furthermore, it comes with a CD (listening part).
The only drawback is that for the test practice you are given a model answer rather than an explanation on why the model answer makes sense, so you kind of have to guess the patterns.
This book is not enough to pass the IELTS test though, and you will need actual IELTS tests (CD included).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > English as a Second Language
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Education
- Books > Textbooks > English As a Second Language
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages