- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Cancer Care for Adolescents and Young Adults Paperback – Illustrated, Jan 29 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Each section [of the book] gives a voice to young people, beginning with their experiences of cancer. It looks at the impacts of adolescent cancer on healthcare professionals, an area that is often neglected." (Nursing Standard, March 2009)
"It was about time somebody wrote down all the things that really matter and all the things that people working in this highly specialised field really need to know. And this is it! Kelly and Gibson have pulled together the most comprehensive reference book you could ask for. It should be prominent on the shelf of everyone working or training in the field of cancer care with young people and their families. It's all here, it's all readable and its all useful. Fantastic!"
–Simon Davies, Chief Executive Officer, Teenage Cancer Trust
"Speaking as a parent this book has made very interesting reading. I wish I had had the opportunity to have read this book whilst my son was actually on treatment, so much makes sense and so much is explained. It really showed what is "normal " behaviour of a teenager with cancer and that is so reassuring to read. There are many lines of the book that rang home as being so true. For example the view of the 17 year old who said that one had to 'get through life', not over it, getting on with life, normal life."
–Ginny Macintyre, Parent
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Public Health
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Oncology
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pediatrics
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Management, Leadership & Administration
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Pediatric & Neonatal
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Public Health
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Oncology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Management, Leadership & Administration
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Pediatric & Neonatal
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Pediatrics
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Oncology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Pediatrics
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Administration & Management
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Pediatric & Neonatal
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology