- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Candlestick Charting For Dummies Paperback – Apr 7 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Packed with charts and real-world trading examples
Translate candlestick patterns and use them to predict market behavior
Want to gain a trading edge with candlestick charts, but find them confusing? No worries — this friendly, practical guide explains candlestick charting and technical analysis in plain English. You'll see how to work with common candlestick patterns and analyze data to make smart trading decisions. You'll also combine patterns with other indicators for more profitable trading!
Discover how to:
Construct candlestick charts
Identify and interpret basic patterns
Trade in bull and bear markets
Work with complex patterns and indicators
Avoid false signals
About the Author
Russell Rhoads is a trader and analyst for Peak Trading Group in Chicago. His career in trading and market analysis covers over 17 years. He has a BBA and MS in Finance from the University of Memphis and has done graduate level work in Financial Engineering at the Illinois Institute of Technology. Russell also holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
sublect. The diagrames help to see how to apply candlesticks.
This was better then spending 1,000 dollars on the subject.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
In summary, a must read for someone starting out in candlestick charting and technical analysis.
In this case, the book does much more than scratch the surface. I am only a couple of chapters into it, and I already "feel" like an expert on reading candelsticks and predicting price movements and patterns. The one thing I thought that stood out above and beyond for me is the ability to skip around to different chapters without being lost. It is not a cover to cover read. You can extract just what you need out of it and move on. And that is exactly what I am doing. I also really appreciate the real world applicability. You can literally take what you read with a computer in front of you and immediately apply it to test and gauge your level of understanding. Anyone interested in technical analysis and how candlestick charting relates should start here. Since I have not read other Candlestick books, I cannot compare how this ranks with others, but for me - wanting to learn Candlestick charting without spending tons of money and buying overly technical books, this was great.
Unfortunately, this isn't it. The various formations are described matter-of-factly so you miss understanding the emotion behind the candles which is what makes them so powerful. But my biggest complaint is that this book is four times as long as it needs to be. For each formation the author describes it for an upward move, gives an example, then describes how the same candle looks in reverse for a down market, then provides for both the up and down example an exception--a pattern he was able to find in an actual chart where the candles did not mean anything. Once you get past the initial explanation, all this is totally useless and unnecessary.
The candlestick section in Technical Analysis For Dummies (For Dummies (Business & Personal Finance), also available from Amazon, is more useful by itself than all the information in this book. Buy that one instead as your candlestick guide, until something better comes along.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Accounting
- Books > Business & Investing > Investing
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Accounting
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Investing
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Accounting
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance