- Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 3.3 x 6.1 cm ; 227 g
- Shipping Weight: 399 g
- Item model number: 8228B005
- ASIN: B00C6700AK
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: April 5 2013
- Average Customer Review: 21 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #58,810 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
Canon Powershot SX270 HS 12 MP Digital Camera with 20x Optical Zoom and 3-Inch LCD Display, Gray (8228B005)
- 12.1 megapixel CMOS Sensor with DiG!C 6 image process delivers crisp, detailed photos
- 25 mm wide-angle lens with 20x Optical Zoom gets great shots across the full zoom range
- ZoomPlus digitally magnifies your image up to 40x without compromising the quality of your images
- 3.0-inch LCD screen gives you a clear view of your photos
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper camera settings based on 32 predefined shooting situations
- 12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with the new DIGIC 6 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM for improved low-light performance up to ISO 6400 and enhanced image quality
- Canon's powerful 20x Optical Zoom and 25mm Wide-Angle lens with Optical Image Stabilizer delivers stunning images from up close or at a distance
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Color Name: Gray
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
One question - would the SX280 version with the wifi and gps been worth the difference? would I have even really used them? So far I think the 270 was a good choice for me.
Pros: This is a fantastic little device. Crisp shots, nice zoom, image stabilization works incredibly well. The price on Amazon cannot be beat. The camera body is very sturdy and the screen is large and clear and functions exactly as I'd expect for a simple point and shoot. If you don't care about WiFi photo copying and GPS tagging it isn't worth upgrading to the 280 HS as the sensors and build are otherwise identical between the two devices.
Cons: Some reviews I sifted through noted that the camera does not perform all that well in darkened inside scenarios and darkens rather quickly when zooming in low light situations. This is definitely the case with this camera, but it performs quite well in normal lighting and outdoors scenarios. The auto-rising flash is also a bit irritating if you like to hold your camera with two hands. There is no HDMI or USB cable included in the box, only the battery, charger and wrist strap which is a bit of a nuisance, especially in this price range.
Great HD videos with sound. Portrait mode has great built-in color adjustments.Very fast rapid shoot - but without flash only. Zoom is very good - detail is comparable to new T3 with 250mm zoom, but jpeg compression tends to leave a lot of artifacts (and there's no RAW option).
Bad red-eye problem. Flash location is really inconvenient, right under a finger usually. EATS batteries, especially using digest function and probably rapid. Tends to go to slower shutter speed instead of using a higher ISO, so I get too many blurred pix (kids will be kids and move a lot - SPORTS option is used a lot)
Wish it had a hot shoe, remote shutter port, faster focus (especially under lower light conditions), less red-eye.
Very Impressive 20x optical zoom.
I am a loyal Amazon.ca customer and have been truly let down by a product sold by Amazon.ca. In fact, I'm so unhappy that I recommend that you purchase another camera altogether and preferably elsewhere.
units have the problem. Canon never fixed it, and if you try to have it fixed under warranty (at least in Canada),
they will send you a refurbished unit that exhibits the same problem, but may have some scratches etc (hit and miss).
You complain again, they send you another refurbished one until you give up.
Shame on Canon. Stay away from this model.
I did not purchase it from Amazon, but could not resist to put my 2 cents. It is better when taking only pictures but not as
good as its predecessor SX230, which has inferior specs.
Most recent customer reviews
Very nice and compact camera. Easy to use. Pictures are realy nice and sharp. Very happy with my new camera. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Mathieu Ouellet
powerful zoom for a pocket size camera..very impressed for the pricePublished 12 months ago by Vicki Pearson
Disappointed they didn't even include a connection cable or instruction manual. When i called to enquire you were very rude as if it was ridiculous for me to expect otherwise. Read morePublished 14 months ago by ro mccrae
Actually bought this because My Canon Rebel T1 was a bit big to carry around, wanted something to fit in my purse, and my friend had a powershot that did better close up pictures... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Mylene Bruneau
I love my new camera, easy to operate, nice clear pictures and light weight. The camera arrived earlier than the date it was suppose to arrive, making it a surprise. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Randall Greene
The camera works well with no issues. The flash works well in the dark corners and the clarity is good. Light and streamline. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Travis Parsons