Your Digital Rebel XSi/450D, with its 12.2 megapixel resolution, 3-inch view screen, and the option for "Live View" shooting, is designed for simplicity without sacrificing creative freedom. This guide is ideal for helping you use that creative control and get great shots anywhere, anytime. If you’re new to dSLRs, it makes the transition easy. If you’re already comfortable with the various modes and settings, the book helps you make the most of every one.
- Set up your camera and learn when to choose automatic, semi-automatic, and manual modes
- Understand the camera's controls, menus, and when to use different metering and autofocus modes
- Explore Canon Picture Styles and custom functions
- Learn to manipulate ISO, exposure, depth of field, and shutter speed
- Create intriguing night and low-light images, capture sports action, portraits, and get tips for better macro photography