Being an old school DMC fan (I own and love DMC 1-4) and after watching the trailer, I had low hopes for this game.
After trying out the demo in the PS Store, I was blown away and decided to buy it. I can only say that I'm glad Ninja Theory proved me wrong.
- Graphics are amazing. The developers really knew how to handle the Unreal Engine.
- Fluid and exhilarating combat. The fighting system is on par (if not better) than DMC3's.
- Great variety in weapons. Combo possibilities are almost endless.
- Music. Not a fan of dubstep/metalcore genres but they suit this game just right.
- Lots of replay value.
- Story is too short, just above the 7 hour mark for me.
- Difficulty: too easy! This is not a deal breaker since you can always unlock the other harder difficulties.
In the middle
- Platforming. You probably heard that this game involves a heavy amount of platforming never seen before in a DMC game. I don't mind it but this can become a deal-breaker for some people, but take my word that the level design is well done.
Overall, Ninja Theory took this fantastic franchise and rebuilt it in a way that reflects our current world more accurately while being faithful to the DMC origins. All of this while still being able to welcome old and new players alike.