Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

on September 21, 2013
My brother gave me this watch for my birthday. I've never been much of a watch wearer, and I didn't know anything about the venerable G Shock line when I got it, but I put it on and haven't taken it off since.

It's comfy, functional, and oh-so-cool looking.

Things I like about it:

Durable construction: I haven't babied this watch at all, and while I do have a single, somewhat noticeable scratch on the screen from bumping something pretty hard, the watch is otherwise in pristine condition. Water (including salt water) seems to do nothing to it, nor does sand, nor extreme heat.

Looks: This watch is nearly all black, so it goes well with whatever you're wearing, and it also looks pretty damn futuristic and cool. The screen appears totally black to anyone not looking at it directly, and the rugged build and flat black resin makes it look like a solid piece of hardware, not at all cheap. The small red highlights on the face of the watch and the pinkish-red reverse display also look super cool and evoke a spy/military feel, without being ostentatious. The illumination of the watch is a green/blue color, which, while cool, would be cooler if it was more blue in my opinion. Overall, a very cool looking watch.

Attention to detail: The main screen of the watch shows everything you need from a timepiece - time, date, day of the week. Extras like a thermometer and altimeter gauge would be nice, but this is a more general use watch, rather than a purpose built climbing or diving watch.

Things I don't like: I actually don't have any complaints about this watch. I would of course love added features like G Shock's durable solar panel to recharge the battery, a thermometer, and an altimeter, but as it stands, the watch does what it needs to.

I've heard complaints from people that the display is difficult to read, but to me this is an odd thing to complain about. This version of DW6900 is intended to look stealthy and dark, and there are other versions of the same watch with a regular display which would be easier to read in low light situations. To be clear, the negative display does make it more difficult to read the screen if it's not angled at you, but when it's attached to your wrist, getting to it to an angle that is readable, even while doing something with that hand, shouldn't be an issue. The illumination is also great, meaning you'll have no trouble reading it in the dark.

Conclusion: An awesome watch, from a tried and proven line - G Shock. Buy it if you want a great watch that looks kinda stealthy/futuristic/military without being goofy or loud looking.
on January 1, 2015
It is an excellent watch for someone wanting a "black" watch. It is just a good basic watch with a black clasp, the screen is red and can be read at certain angles only or a button can be pushed for a quick light to see the screen. This is a great watch for a gift for a person that is in the police or military.
on January 25, 2015
I wear this every day for 6-8 hours, working outdoors in all weather (rain, snow, hot/cold) and it takes a beating..
Still works and only has a couple of barely noticeable scuffs on it. Top utility watch.
on March 23, 2011
Been wearing this watch for weeks now. Very durable and looks great on my wrist. I would recommend it to anyone! Very happy with it.
on June 7, 2015
Very nice product. Not exactly as described, the 1289 must have been an old picture. Item says it is a 3230 model.
on November 10, 2015
excellent low light watch for military.accurate
and no bright flash when checking time in darkness
on October 22, 2015
Nice watch! Very well made and stylish!
on November 13, 2015