Catholic Ethicists on HIV/AIDS Prevention
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"...a brilliant collection of essays. This powerful new book...will appeal to both Catholic and non-Catholic HIV/AIDS strategists..." -- Developing World Bioethics, 2001
"A significant book...The volume presents not only the depth and breadth of the problem but also its complexity." -- Theological Studies
"Insightful and well-organized, this is an excellent study/discussion text. A valuable practical resource..." -- Vision, April 2002
"This book is a milestone in understanding and responding to the HIV/AIDS epidemic from the point of view of Christians." -- Aids Care, 2001
"This is a challenging and unsettling book with the capacity to produce moral outrage... -- British Journal of General Practice, April 2001
...it is a fascinating investigation into the Churchs evolution in response to the global pandemic. -- Positive Nation, July/August 2001
...provides a useful snapshot of Catholic efforts to deal with this terrible epidemic in a compassionate way. -- The National Catholic Bioethics Quarterly, Spring 2001 --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
About the Author
James F. Keenan, S.J., is professor of theological ethics at Boston College. He was principal editor of Catholic Ethicists on HIV/AIDS Prevention and is the author of numerous books, including The Works of Mercy: The Heart of Catholicism, Moral Wisdom: Lessons and Texts from the Catholic Tradition, Virtues for Ordinary Christians, Commandments of Compassion, Goodness and Rightness in Thomas Aquinas's Summa Theologiae, and (with Daniel Harrington) Jesus and Virtue Ethics annd Paul and Virtue Ethics. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Catholicism > Roman Catholicism
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Catholic
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Disorders & Diseases > AIDS
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pathology > Diseases > AIDS & HIV
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Ethics
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Theology > Pastoral Theology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Diseases > AIDS & HIV