"Ken Tencer and John Paulo Cardoso write with a unique understanding of both entrepreneurial practicality and sustainable creativity in a business world moving at speeds almost impossible to imagine even five years ago. They understand what creates deep and long-term value in innovative enterprise and are able to communicate it with unpretentious clarity. A very useful read."
Timothy Askew, CEO & Founder, Corporate Rain International
"…no one makes it easier than Tencer and Cardoso. By condensing their simple, commonsense formula into this short, compelling and highly readable book, they have put innovation in the hands of any business person who truly wants to succeed."
Rick Spence, President, CanEntrepreneur Communications, National Entrepreneurship Columnist, National Post and Former editor and publisher, PROFIT Magazine
"Cause a Disturbance gets it, says it, delivers it-innovate! Delivering customer value through innovation is the driving force that creates shareholder value. Want to create value? Read this book."
Philip Kirby, President, OTI International and author of Thoughtware: Change the Thinking and the Organization Will Change Itself and The Future, You Can't Get There From Here
"In an environment where doing "more with less" is a business survival imperative, we need innovation more than ever. This book's 90% Rule states that there is never a shortage of opportunities and that you already have 90% of what you need to be successful. If you buy a copy of Cause a Disturbance, you'll get the remaining 10%!"
Carol Kinsey Goman, Ph.D., Author of The Silent Language of Leaders: How Body Language Can Help - or Hurt - How You Lead
About the Author
Ken Tencer is a branding and innovation thought leader who helps organizations master better futures. He is co-developer of The 90% Rule®, a success-tested innovation process that enables businesses of all sizes to identify new market and strategic opportunities and map out relevant, high-potential growth opportunities.
Ken is a successful entrepreneur and business developer who has built international-scale companies spanning manufacturing, product development, distribution, and professional services. As CEO of Spyder Works, Ken helps companies with both branding and innovation strategy.
Today The 90% Rule book is being avidly read by business leaders in the US, Canada, and Europe. Business journalists with leading publications and networks including The Globe & Mail, The Financial Times, CNBC, and Forbes have recognized the timeliness and power of this important work.
Ken holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Carleton University and a Master of Science in international management from Boston University from their campus in Brussels, Belgium. He also received a joint certificate from the Institute of Corporate Directors and the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, for the small- and medium-sized enterprises board effectiveness program. He has sat on a number of for-profit and not-for-profit boards and served as a member of the advisory board for Canada’s Centre for Business Innovation.
John Paulo Cardoso is chief creative officer of Spyder Works Inc. and a world-class creative director who believes that true design brings meaning to the mass of unrelated needs, wants, ideas, and perceptions. John is responsible for ensuring that creativity—in all its forms, through all the firm’s work—manifests itself in business results. With over twenty years in design, he has brought his unconventional thinking to clients in many industries, from emerging businesses to multinational corporations.
John founded Spyder Desktop Studio in 1992 to support the development of leading international brands such as Agfa, Estée Lauder, and Revlon. In 2003 he formed Spyder Works Inc. with Ken, transforming the firm from a leading provider of creative design to a comprehensive provider of business and marketing strategy, integrated design, and communications.
At Spyder Works John leads the creative team with the innovative branding model Eight Steps to Brand Re(Invention)™. He is also the co-developer of the firm’s model for integrated business and design thinking, Building Business by Design®.
John has an honors BA in fine art history from the University of Toronto and holds a certificate of design from the internationally acclaimed Art Centre in Toronto.