|1. Bless The Child|
|2. End Of All Hope|
|3. Dead To The World|
|4. Ever Dream|
|5. Slaying The Dreamer|
|6. Forever Yours|
|7. Ocean Soul|
|8. Feel For You|
|9. The Phantom Of The Opera|
|10. Beauty Of The Beast|
Nightwish's other albums, including Wishmaster, Oceanborn, Angels Fall First, and the new Once, are heavier than Century Child. Century Child is somewhat a concept album, mixing in more symphony, creating a "beautiful" metal sound.
"Century Child" is by far the best CD in my collection, and Nightwish is the only metal band I really like. Metallica and Megadeth were cool when I was 14, but got old quickly. I always thought talented musicians could do more with the metal genre than has been done in the past, and I'm glad to find that there is a metal band which makes consistently great music. That band is Nightwish.
If you like metal, you may want to skip Century Child for now and pick up their other albums, saving the best for last. Century Child does have heavy songs (in fact, most of them are heavy) but the mixing takes away from that a little, while the others are no-holds-barred heavy. If you just like a beautiful sound and you're looking for something a little more than what most albums in your genre of choice have to offer, Century Child is a great album.
You won't regret listening to this album.
Overall, definately one of their best.
Now on to Century Child
1. Bless The Child: Starts of a little slow but gets very heavy. Nightwish always start off big. So way change it know. 5/5
2. End Of All Hope: From one heavy song into another. This has a really good Guitar playing by Emppu. 5/5
3. Dead To The World: Ok this is different for Nightwish. It sounds like any 80's metal song. But I really like how they used Marco's voice. 5/5
4. Ever Dream: It starts off slow then it gets somewhat fast also again a great use of Marco's voice. 5/5
5. Slaying The Dreamer: If you are one of those people who think that Nightwish is just some goth band and are not heavy please play this song. This is very heavy and Marco shows that he can use a clean voice and growls. 5/5
6. Forever Yours: A very slow song. But I will say that it is one of the things Nightwish always dose. Tarja dose really good here to. 5/5
7. Ocean Soul: I really love this song. I love the way Tarja is heard more in this then having guitar solos. 5/5
8. Feel For You: It's hard to really say what this song is like. But I like it. 5/5
9. The Phantom Of The Opera: Ok other metal bands may have done this song. But if you are going to do it damit do it right. That's what Nightwish did. 5/5
10. Beauty Of The Beast: A 10 minute song hmmmmmmmm. Well it's good for being ten mintues. The longets Nightwish has got a song so far. 5/5
CC like the rest of there albums are beyond words. They add so many different things into there music. I can't want to have Once so that I can hear more of there great music.