Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Charlie's Angels Music From The Motion Picture Soundtrack
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Independent Women Part I - Destiny's Child|
|2. Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel - Tavares|
|3. You Make Me Feel Like Dancing - Leo Sayer|
|4. True - Spandau Ballet|
|5. Dot - Destiny's Child|
|6. Baby Got Back - Sir Mix A-Lot|
|7. Angel's Eye - Aerosmith|
|8. Baracuda - Heart|
|9. Turning Japanese - The Vapors|
|10. Brandy (You're A Fine Girl) - Looking Glass|
|11. Got To Give It Up (Part 1) - Marvin Gaye|
|12. Ya Mama - Fatboy Slim|
|13. Groove Is In The Heart - Deee-Lite|
|14. Charlie's Angels 2000 - Apollo Four Forty|
|15. Tangerine Speedo - Caviar|
As modern and contemporary as the new Charlie's Angels is supposed to be, the soundtrack, with the exception of a few new offerings from Destiny's Child, Aerosmith, and Fatboy Slim, is a nostalgic mix tape of 1970s and '80s hits. The older songs are fun and ripe for a party: Tavares's "Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel," Marvin Gaye's "Got to Give It Up (Part1)," and Deee-lite's "Groove is in the Heart" are certain to please a crowd. The new tracks, with one notable exception, are weak and contrived. Destiny's Child offers "Independent Women (Part 1)," an empty declaration of female self-reliance (aren't we over this already?). Aerosmith's "Angel's Eye" is, in a word, terrible. The exception is Caviar's "Tangerine Speedo," a trip-hoppy lounge groove that packs a sassy punch. All in all, Charlie's Angels is a solid purchase, but in spite of, not because of, the new material. --Courtney Kemp
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. Independent Woman: this song is nice. Destinys child do a great job on this cd. 3:40
2. Heaven must be missing an Angel: Sounds like a dancing song. Great for the movie. 3:32
3. You Make me Feel Like Dancing: It does make me feel like dancing!!! 2:51
4. True: This song is a nice ballad, kinda long though. 5:32
5. Dot: Another song by Destinys child. It is very catchy and great to sing along to. 3:50
6. Baby got Back: This is the song when they go " I like big butts but I can't denie" it is kinda weird I don't really like it. 4:21
7. Angels Eye: What ya gonna do when the angels come? This song is the first real rock song. 3:22
8. Barracuda: Ohhh. ..... Barracuda. This song is nice kinda weird. 4:22
9. Turning Jappenese: Got that china tune in, like. 3:42
10. Brandy (You're a fine girl): Oh my god this song is funny especially when the guy in the beginning sings he has the worst voice. He sounds like a girl. 3:22
11. Got to give it up: This song is so weird. The guys voice has promblems. 4:12
12. Ya Mama: A great song to kick butt. 4:30
13. Groove is in the heart: Groove is in the heart a great dance song. 3:52
14. Charlies Angels 2000: Probably my favorite song It is so cool especially the choras.3:57
15. Tangerine Speedo: I never listened to the whole song cause when the beginning was on it was weird.3:18
Independent Woman prt. 1 "Destiny's Child": Okay WHO HASN'T heard this? I'd have to give it a 6/10 its good, but nothing great.
Dot "Destiny's Child": Not a bad song, very catchy love the "Dot,dot,dot's"hehe, but nothing special either. 6/10
Angel Eyes "Aerosmith": A dencent track, but not a great Aerosmith track. I've heard much better, but also MUCH worse...Kinda good for moshing I gues...:P 5/10
Ya Mama "Fat Boy Slim": Not a big fan of FBS, but I'm not a biased person ANY music that is good whether or not I like it, well is good. And whether or not I like FBS he's still *GOOD*!... This track is goooood and goood for dancin'!... 8/10
Apollo 440 "Charlie's Angels 2000": I don't necassarily like this track, but Its not really bad. It has alot of different kinds of sounds and its kinda rocky and dancy, but I find that it gives me a lightheaded feeling. And seems a little repetative. 4/10
Tangerine Speedo "Caviar": This is a funny track.! hehe I love it!... Kinda soft, then mid-tempo, then fast, then soft again, its a *cool* track!... Love the cha,cha,chas!... 9/10
Average for NEWBIES: 7.5/10
ALL of them are classics!... :D Spandau Ballet's "True" isn't a great song and Looking Glasses "Brandy(You're a fine girl)" is pretty darn cheesy, they're still *GOOD*!... Esp. good tracks are: Groove is in the Heart, Heaven must have sent an Angel, You make me feel like dancing,and turning japanes(HILARIOUS SONG!...) Average for oldies 9/10
*Enjoy* the vintage!... Good soundtrack!...
God Bless ...
1) Independent Women Part 1 (Destiny's Child): ****
This is a great dance/pop/R&B song. I got sick of it fast though.
2) Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel (Tavares) **
The beginning makes it sound like a cool dance song, but once the old-sounding music starts, it sounds really dumb. And the words are even worse. Not a good song!
3) You Make Me Feel Like Dancing (Led Sayer) **
The music's nice, but the singer sounds like a dying cat. And it's hard to tell if it's a girl or a guy.
4) True (Spandau Ballet) ***
I really like the music to this one--it sounds like the "smooth jazz" music my dad listens to. And the singer's voice isn't the worst.
5) Dot (Destiny's Child) *****
This is possibly the best song on the CD--with the exception of the hit "Baby Got Back" (but we'll get to that in a moment). I think this should've been more of a hit than the first song--it's got a catchy tune, fun words ("shut up--no one said to open your mouth"), and I never get sick of it, no matter how much I listen to it.
6) Baby Got Back (Sir Mix-A-Lot) *****
An awesome, fun classic! A great, funny dance song.
7) Angel's Eye (Aerosmith) ****
The music to this is sweet! The words are kinda weird, but I like Aerosmith, so I'll hafta give them 4.
8) Barracuda (Heart) ***
This song has great music with a catchy tune that you can't get out of your head after! I hate the singer's voice and the words though.
9) Turning Japenese (The Vapors) ***
This is a funny song, and it always makes me think of the part in the movie where it's played. But, again, I hate the singer's voice and the words.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
I bought this soundtrack when it first came out and I loved it. Sure, none of the songs on here may be considered high art, but if you love fun, upbeat, enjoyable music, then you... Read morePublished on July 7 2004
Well, Hi, I just have to say it's an excellent soundtrack, but I wrote just to ask your help because I'd like to know a song's name from the movie, it's been played when Angels... Read morePublished on June 6 2004
This is pretty much your typical soundtrack. It's got a few film-related songs, and then just a random selection of old and new. Read morePublished on April 6 2004 by H3@+h
For those of you who enjoy good music (unlike stefffeee from above) This cd has a great bunch of oldies but goodies and some great new songs. Read morePublished on Oct. 29 2003
I've read some reviews here saying that this CD is bad. But that is not true. This CD has some bad songs and some very good songs. Read morePublished on Sept. 28 2003
For all of those interested, the song playing in Knox's lair is Simon Says by Pharoahe Monch.Published on Sept. 27 2003
Fantastic film and a fantastic soundtrack!!!
The new music on this CD is great - there's the unmistakable "Independent Woman" by the gorgeous Destiny's Child -... Read more
Look bud-dy ! I too came on this site cause i'm tryin' to figure out the same song. If I remember or find out ... I'll be sure to tell you. Read morePublished on Aug. 5 2003 by Courtney Jo