countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout All-New Kindle Music Deals Store Tools Registry Home sports

on April 15, 2016
I bought this for my wife who is a big Shirley Temple fan, she was tickled pink and loves this book as it refers to movies she is familiar with.
It's as if she can relate directly with Shirley when she reads. it.
on August 21, 2002
This book kept my attention from cover to cover, and would do the same for anyone who is interested in Shirley Temple (-Black) and/or this era of filmmaking in Hollywood. The only complaint I have (and the reason I could not give it 5 stars) is that Ms. Black is not, by nature, a writer. The stories are certainly fascinating but her writing style is too like that of someone who is trying to appear as a writer and is not. Often you will encounter paragraphs in which you do not know exactly what is going on until the end because she tries to write with unnecessary flourish instead of getting to the point. Though it is superb to be able to find out her point of view on her life and the detail is great without bogging down.
It was a very good read that kept a nice pace. I recommend it, though only if you are willing and able to infer the meanings and happenings.
Also, the pictures included (in the paperback version, at least) are lovely and span her infancy to her adulthood.
on June 9, 2004
I read this book because I was interested in learning about Shirley's political and ambasodorial roles. I read the entire book only to find the story finishing in 1954. The notes at the end said that shirley was working on the second instalment of her biography, and seeing as that was in 1988, I can only guess that she would have completed it by now - but it appears never have made it to publication. I was very disappointed that the biography only covered her life as a childhood star and then as a wife and mother. So I would hesitate to recommend the book as it is only half a biography, and would suit fans of the silver screen only.
on March 23, 2016
A wonderful book though this is the UK version...I would have preferred the US version that was autographed. Also delivered to wrong address...No problem otherwise.
on May 15, 2015
NOT AS DESCRIBED BUT GAVE MONEY BACK :)
on June 15, 2016