Christian Theology: The Classics is a vibrant introduction to the most important works of theology in the history of Christian thought. Exploring writings from the origins of Christianity to the present day, it examines some of the most influential theologians of all time, considering the context in which they were writing and the lasting significance of their work. Covering thirty-one theological classics such as:
• Augustine of Hippo, On the Trinity
• Martin Luther, Commentary on Galatians
• John Calvin, The Institutes of The Christian Religion
• Jonathan Edwards, Religious Affections
• St Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologiae
With a glossary and outlines of the key criticisms of each text, this book is the perfect starting point for anyone interested in Theology and the history of Christian thought.