|Price:||CDN$ 4.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|1. Genie In A Bottle|
|2. What A Girl Wants|
|3. I Turn To You|
|4. So Emotional|
|5. Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)|
|7. Love For All Seasons|
|8. Somebody's Somebody|
|9. When You Put Your Hands On Me|
|11. Love Will Find A Way|
Like fellow former Mickey Mouse Clubber Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera kicks off her debut album with a teen-lust nugget--in this case, the hit single "Genie in a Bottle"--that the rest of the disc can't possibly live up to. Aguilera has a strong voice, but patterns herself after iffy role models such as Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey. Aside from "Genie", most of this music is straight from the cookie cutter, like the less than successfully sultry "When You Put Your Hands on Me" and the Mulan ballad showpiece "Reflection". In chart terms, though, there'll be no stopping her--at least for a while. --Rickey Wright
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
When I look back in my opinion, while Britney's debut (...Baby One More Time) had catchy beats and fun tunes to listen to - Christina's is more enjoyable to listen to, and has more mature subjects. The one thing that lacks on this album though is some of the songs do not really show case Christina's vocal talents.
'Genie In A Bottle' opens the album. It maybe one of the late 90's pop princess sounding songs but this song does contain sexual references, not to a large extent but a minimal one. It's not a bad first single or opening track and it does stand out on the album in its own way. Its tongue and cheek in a cute way. 10/10
The second track 'What A Girl Wants' brings in the typical boyfriend song jive. An upbeat pop song about a girl telling her boy what exactly a girl wants and what she needs from her boy. 9/10
'I Turn To You', a slow ballad, could be dedicated to just about anybody whether it be a friend, relative or lover. Whoever you can turn to in a time of need. Christina's vocals are really show cased hear, especially in the middle of the song when she hits that powerful high note. 10/10
'So Emotional' is a more mid-tempo song. Another sort of sexual track with a more soulful vibe doesn't showcase her vocals much but it's not a bad song. 7/10
'Come On Over (All I Want Is You)' another upbeat song about a girl wanting nobody else but her boyfriend.Read more ›
Christina has teamed up with some great songwriters (Diane Warren, etc...) and producers to bring us these catchy tunes and powerful inspirational ballads. "I Turn to You" is amazing, as well as "Reflection", which clearly shows the girl can sing. "What a Girl Wants", "Obvious," one of my favorites "Come on Over (All I Want is You)", and "Love Will Find a Way" are a little more upbeat, as well as "Genie in a Bottle", which will stay in your heads even after the songs are over. On all ballads Christina's voice plays center stage to show off her great range.
"Genie in a Bottle" had firmly established her as one of pop music brightest star. As of right now she has already proving her longevity in the music industry so whatever she wished for from the Genie had already been granted.
1. Genie In A Bottle - Very slick and catchy, became an instant hit on the radio. Even though this song's 5th birthday is coming in August, it's still a favorite among teens worldwide. I love this song, dispite the sexual undertones with lyrics like "My Bodys saying let's Go" and "You've gotta rub me the right way". Overall, very good Christina, but slow down on some inuendo.
2. What A Girl Wants - Awesome song! Fun, catchy toon, which also became an instant hit on the radio. I recomend both versions (video & original), but I kinda like the original version better. More R&B and it's longer. I got the video version though. Still Awesome!
3. I Turn To You - Beautiful pop ballad. Goes great with Reflection, but I Turn To You is slightly more R&Bish, as it has backround vocals and stuff.(Not Saying That Backround Vocals makes it R&B) I love this song, but I like the Spanish version on Mi Reflejo better. A crossover song.
4. So Emotional - Emotionless! I almost always skip this song! This song is ugly - literaly! I only like one part in the middle of the song when she's singing the "Rain Is Falling Down On Me" thing. Very R&Bish.
5. Come On Over - Cool song! Great for parties! The video/radio version is much better, but both are great! No sexual words, except a little tiny part in the middle where she says "I Want To Give You More". Still a personal favorite! I have both versions because I bought the cd with bonus songs which includes the radio version. Awesome!
6. Reflection - Absolutley beautiful! No parts that they screw up or anything! Perfectly balanced, with no backround vocal vocals, just an orcestra or something in the backround!Read more ›
The CD kicks off with Genie in a Bottle, one of my favorites off of the CD and the first single that came from this CD. A blend of computerized background music, Christina's amazing vocals, and an eyebrow-raising message, this song was definitely the best one to kick off the CD. Following come a few more of my favorites. What A Girl Wants, my favorite song when I first got this CD, I Turn To You, which is very different from the dancing music of the first two songs, and So Emotional, another more soft song with a sexual twist to it. Come On Over follows and although I enjoyed it, I like the single version of the song better. Reflection follows, the famous ballad from Mulan, which pretty much gave Christina her career. A memorable song with a twist of Chinese music in the background, which was different from the music of the other songs, the song is then followed by the more unknown songs of the CD. But don't ignore them, for they equally show off Christina's talent if not moreso than the opening songs of the CD. Blessed, Obvious, and Love For All Seasons are among my favorites of those songs.
An enjoyable CD and an excellent debut, I recommend this CD, however, if you want the real Christina and not the fake Christina, check out Stripped, which I HIGHLY recommend. Also, check out My Kind of Christmas and Mi Reflejo (which includes a few of the songs on this CD in Spanish).
Most recent customer reviews
Simply an amazing pop album!!!! Unlike Britney's debut, this album has more than just one good song. Read morePublished 1 month ago by J
many people think that this album was bad compared to britney spears first album...yes,britneys first album was great,and had alot of catchy upbeat tunes, but christinas album is... Read morePublished on Jan. 21 2006 by Dayton
It amazes me how good she sounded when she recorded this record. The only complaint is that genie in a bottle was a little to poppy for me but the rest of the cd sounds like a... Read morePublished on July 15 2004 by Somebodyukno2
Is Christina Aguilera's debut really worth a Grammy? In my opinion, no. I'm not just saying this because I'm a huge Britney Spears fan. Vocally, all right X-tina is really good. Read morePublished on July 6 2004 by C. Eberlein
Sorry Christina but you ain't no Britney Spears, and your debut definitely isn't close to hers either. Read morePublished on June 23 2004 by C. Eberlein
The typical popish teen music cd. My faves are Genie In A Bottle, What A Girl Wants and Reflection. Here's the reviews:
1. Genie In a bottle - Cool Song! 10/10
2. Read more
In this album, it shows that Christina has a great voice. Some of the songs are kind of weird and 'yucky'; I mean, I'm like, eleven and everything... Read morePublished on May 31 2004 by Tzu-Ting Liao
This album is great. The songs are good. She sings here bettter than in her other albums. This album has 12 songs and half of them are supper! And other 6 are good too. Read morePublished on May 26 2004 by Ruta Butkute
wow! christina is really talented! she doesnt have her voice faked out, its so pretty! she is a great artist, i love britney and christina, but if i had to pick, christina would... Read morePublished on May 3 2004 by Stephanie