countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: DVD|Change

on July 10, 2016
I love this movie. Unfortunately it's NOT the complete series. They made three more called: Christy: Return to Cutter Cap, Christy: A Change of Seasons, Christy: A New Beginning. These movies are not as good as the first Christy but worth watching. The new actors are not bad at all. The cheapest place to find them is on EBay.
Beautiful scenery! Wonderful values to share with your children. Good clean love interests. Though the series was cut short and you are left hanging about the love interests, this is a DVD worth adding to your permanent collection! I have not viewed the made for TV movies that attempted to give closure to the series but the reviews do not look good - mostly different cast and substandard acting. I had bad luck trying to order "Return to Cutter Gap" through a 3rd party seller on Amazon. No tracking info and showed delivered when I did not receive. But Amazon does make sure you are covered when 3rd party does not come through.
on June 15, 2015
WOW 15 Hours of 100% Enjoyable Movie for this LOW, LOW Price!! So, Unbelievable, I have ordered 2 more copies to give away as Christmas Gifts, and this is just June!
This is a wonderful story of an adventurous teenage girl/woman, who left her very comfortable home/family and headed to the Mountain country to work where she was most needed. What a role model she was and remains so...
The dilemma is after settling in, who should she marry. She honestly loved two wonderful men, one like the brother she never had and the other like the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. It was a very difficult decision for her to make, she was young and there was such had a very eventful life, with never a peaceful moment to contemplate that part of her life. I can't wait to get 15 hours again so I can watch it all over again!
on April 19, 2015
Katharine Marshall has done it again. I saw the movie: A Man called Peter on TCM several years ago, did some research and found that the story was written by his wife, the author of the book entitled Christy. The people at Twentieth Century Fox are to be commended for putting together such a fine, superbly-acted mini-series. Story gives educational incite into parts of American history which I have been totally unfamiliar. although fictionalized, I believe that Ms. Marshall or Fox would offer anything that was not genuine.
on March 23, 2013
I loved this series when it was on TV but missed many of the episodes. Glad that I got to see them all now. The only thing is that I'm sorry they pulled the series. Very well done, one of those shows you can watch with the whole family!
on May 23, 2013
I really enjoy watching these wonderful shows that are inspired my a true story. I was so disappointed when they took Christy off the air, and I am happy to own the collection so that I can watch them anytime. Tiger 5
on March 23, 2015
what wonderful stories, quality is excellent and the scenery is breath taking. good moral lessons but with a lot of reality. Feel good movies! You won't find many like this anymore!
on September 20, 2014
Kellie Martin who stars in this tv show was the perfect actress for it. I just wished it had more season unfortunley it only ran for 2 seasons.
on July 11, 2013
I loved this series with Kellie Martin. Was sad to see it end. Not enough of these on tv.

My 89 year old mom is enjoying this.
on November 27, 2013
A great series based on the novel by Catherine Marshall... Promotes positive family values and is suitable for family viewing.