- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Clinical Consult to Psychiatric Nursing for Advanced Practice Paperback – Aug 29 2014
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This is the only advanced practice guide to provide an overview of the majorDSM-IV-TRdisorders across the lifespan and complete clinical guidelines for their psychopharmacologic management. It has been compiled by expert practitioners in psychiatric care and is designed for use by nurse practitioners and other primary caregivers in clinical practice.
The guide is organized in an easy-to-access format with disorders for which drugs can play a significant therapeutic role. The listing for each disorder includes clinical features and symptoms, as well as information about the most current and effective drugs for management. A clearly formatted table identifies the first and second lines of drug therapy along with adjunctive therapies for each disorder. Drugs are organized according to classification, and each listing provides the essential information needed to safely prescribe and monitor a patient's response to a particular drug. Brand and generic names, drug class, customary dosage, side effects, drug interactions, pharmacokinetics, precautions, and management of special populations are addressed. Convenient, practical, and portable, this guide will be a welcome and frequently used resource.Key Features:
- Presents psychopharmacological treatment guidelines for majorDSM-IV-TRdisorders and parameters for use of each drug
- Prioritizes drugs according to their clinical efficacy and recommended treatment algorithms
- Includes brand and generic names, customary dosages, side effects, drug interactions, pharmacokinetics, precautions, and management of special populations
- Provides easy-to-read tables for quick clinical consultation
- Offers information on clinical algorithms, lab evaluation, and preventive services
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
- PTSD missing entirely
- Adjustment Disorder erroneously labeled as a "Dissociative Disorder"
- Lists "fluoxetine maleate" as Luvox when "fluoxetine" is Prozac and Luvox is "fluvoxamine maleate"
- Lists DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for Asperger's syndrome when Asperger's syndrome was taken out of the DSM-5
- Lists ADHD as being required to have presented with symptoms prior to the age of 7 when DSM-5 modified the age to 12
- Lists only 3 out of the 10 personality disorders
- Acute Stress Disorder missing entirely
- Erroneously lists OCD as an anxiety disorder when it was reclassified in DSM-5 to its own Obsessive-Compulsive & Related Disorders category
- Lists nefazodone (Serzone) as a 2nd-line antidepressant when Serzone was withdrawn from the US market due to hepatotoxicity
- Lists fluoxetine (Prozac) as separate from fluoxetine (Sarafem)
- On page 183 erroneously identifies Bupropion XL as a TCA
- Lists Tegretol & Topamax among those listed as the first-line agents for bipolar depression
at this point I'm going to stop looking...
Condition of book was very good for the price.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Psychiatric
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Psychiatric
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Family & General Practice
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Family & General Practice
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Psychiatric