- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Co-Designers: Cultures of Computer Simulation in Architecture Paperback – Apr 5 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"This book is more than a conversation starter; it is a conversation changer. A designer and an ethnographer, Loukissas provides a rare dual vision on how simulation changes how we build and think about building. Elegant. Sophisticated. A must-read across a range of fields in science and technology studies and design." – Sherry Turkle, Abby Rockefeller Mauzé Professor of theSocial Studies of Science and Technology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
"One of the things that often gets missed in stories of technological change is the way that it often accompanies changes in professional relations, and that's something that Co-Designers illustrates beautifully"
Paul Dourish, professor, Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences at the University of California at Irvine, USA
About the Author
Yanni Alexander Loukissas is a Postdoctoral Associate in the Program in Science, Technology, and Society (STS) at MIT. He has also been a Visiting Lecturer in the Department of Architecture at Cornell University. He holds an SM and a PhD in Design and Computation from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), as well as a BArch from Cornell University.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Materials
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Project Planning & Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Reference > Methods & Materials
- Books > Textbooks > Architecture
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Architecture