- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Codes Guidebook for Interiors Hardcover – Jan 16 2001
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
Uses a clear, accessible approach to unravel codes, enabling interior design professionals to understand the code information they need to know and incorporate into their plans. This book does not rely on the data in the codes but interprets the codes themselves and explains when they apply. Includes numerous sample tables, charts and illustrations to facilitate understanding. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
The essential up-to-date guide to the codes involved in designing interiors
Whether you are developing a plan for a new project or making minor changes to an existing space, The Codes Guidebook for Interiors, Second Edition will save you valuable hours of research time while dramatically reducing the potential for costly planning oversights.
The only single-source guide devoted exclusively to interiors, the book clearly explains all major codes, standards, and federal regulations pertaining to the construction, alteration, and maintenance of both commercial and residential interiors of all sizes. Clearly written and organized, it leads you quickly to the information you need on everything from occupancy classifications and plumbing and mechanical requirements to fire protection systems, interior finishes, and furniture. Dozens of examples throughout make it easy to understand how various codes and standards apply to real-world projects.
Thoroughly revised and updated to reflect the many code changes that have occurred in the last several years, the Second Edition of this award-winning guide provides:
*Clear, jargon-free explanations of the National, Standard, and Uniform Building Codes
*In-depth coverage of the new International Building Codes, complete with tables
*Explanations of the Life Safety Code, National Electrical Code, ADA requirements, ANSI and NFPA standards, and others
The Codes Guidebook for Interiors, Second Edition is an indispensable tool of the trade for architects and interior designers as well as facilities managers, construction managers, and developers.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It could be better in two ways:
1)Include ADAAG/ANSI 117.1. ANSI 117 is a building code and most jurisdictions follow it, so omitting it from the book is a major oversight.
2)While The Codes Guidebook for Interiors does a good job of bringing together disparate code requirements into a single paragraph summary, it still needs to tell a designer WHERE in the codebook to find the actual language. If I design a door the way the Codes Guidebook says, I cannot tell the inspector,"Well that's the way the Codes Guidebook says to do it"--I have to show him the actual code sections that support my design. Since the Codes Guidebook doesn't tell me which sections to go to, I end up doing just as much work, if not more, because I have to pour over the model code to find how the book arrived at the summarized solution. Specific sources need to be cited frequently.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Accounting > Taxes
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Buildings & Construction
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Interior Design > Professional Reference
- Books > Law > Business
- Books > Law > Taxation
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Accounting > Taxes
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Interior Design > Professional Reference
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Reference
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Construction
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Architecture
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Law
- Books > Textbooks > Architecture
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Architecture
- Books > Textbooks > Law > Tax Law