From the Publisher
Uses a clear, accessible approach to unravel codes, enabling interior design professionals to understand the code information they need to know and incorporate into their plans. This book does not rely on the data in the codes but interprets the codes themselves and explains when they apply. Includes numerous sample tables, charts and illustrations to facilitate understanding.
From the Back Cover
An award-winning guide to interior codes and standards—fully updated and expanded
Whether you are planning a new building or making changes to an existing space, The Codes Guidebook for Interiors, Third Edition will save you hours of research time—and dramatically reduce the potential for costly planning oversights.
The only guide devoted exclusively to codes applicable to interiors, this acclaimed resource features jargon-free explanations of all the major codes, standards, and federal regulations pertaining to the construction, alteration, and maintenance of commercial and residential interiors of all sizes. The easy-to-navigate format leads you step-by-step through the codes relevant at each stage in the design process, so you'll quickly find the information you need on everything from occupancy classifications and fire protection systems to plumbing requirements and finish/furniture selection. Dozens of examples and a greatly enhanced set of illustrations, including sample floor plans, show clearly how codes apply to actual interior projects.
Thoroughly revised, updated, and expanded to account for the many recent code changes, the Third Edition of this popular text provides:
- In-depth coverage of the newest ICC codes, including the International Building Code
- Complete explanations of the NFPA codes and standards, including the Life Safety Code and the new NFPA 5000
- New information on fire codes, performance codes, electrical and energy codes, and sustainability issues
- Comparison of ADAAG and ICC/ANSI accessibility requirements in relation to the codes and standards
- The most current code tables, design examples, diagrams, and project checklists
- A thorough review for interior designers and architects taking the NCIDQ and ARE exams
The Codes Guidebook for Interiors, Third Edition is an essential reference for architects, interior designers, and engineers, as well as facilities managers, construction managers, and developers.
--This text refers to the