The Codes Guidebook for Interiors, Study Manual Paperback – Jan 14 1997
There is a newer edition of this item:
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
Uses a clear, accessible approach to unravel codes, enabling interior design professionals to understand the code information they need to know and incorporate into their plans. This book does not rely on the data in the codes but interprets the codes themselves and explains when they apply. Includes numerous sample tables, charts and illustrations to facilitate understanding.
From the Back Cover
An award-winning guide to interior codes and standards—fully updated and expanded
Whether you are planning a new building or making changes to an existing space, The Codes Guidebook for Interiors, Third Edition will save you hours of research time—and dramatically reduce the potential for costly planning oversights.
The only guide devoted exclusively to codes applicable to interiors, this acclaimed resource features jargon-free explanations of all the major codes, standards, and federal regulations pertaining to the construction, alteration, and maintenance of commercial and residential interiors of all sizes. The easy-to-navigate format leads you step-by-step through the codes relevant at each stage in the design process, so you'll quickly find the information you need on everything from occupancy classifications and fire protection systems to plumbing requirements and finish/furniture selection. Dozens of examples and a greatly enhanced set of illustrations, including sample floor plans, show clearly how codes apply to actual interior projects.
Thoroughly revised, updated, and expanded to account for the many recent code changes, the Third Edition of this popular text provides:
- In-depth coverage of the newest ICC codes, including the International Building Code
- Complete explanations of the NFPA codes and standards, including the Life Safety Code and the new NFPA 5000
- New information on fire codes, performance codes, electrical and energy codes, and sustainability issues
- Comparison of ADAAG and ICC/ANSI accessibility requirements in relation to the codes and standards
- The most current code tables, design examples, diagrams, and project checklists
- A thorough review for interior designers and architects taking the NCIDQ and ARE exams
The Codes Guidebook for Interiors, Third Edition is an essential reference for architects, interior designers, and engineers, as well as facilities managers, construction managers, and developers.--This text refers to the Hardcover edition. See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It could be better in two ways:
1)Include ADAAG/ANSI 117.1. ANSI 117 is a building code and most jurisdictions follow it, so omitting it from the book is a major oversight.
2)While The Codes Guidebook for Interiors does a good job of bringing together disparate code requirements into a single paragraph summary, it still needs to tell a designer WHERE in the codebook to find the actual language. If I design a door the way the Codes Guidebook says, I cannot tell the inspector,"Well that's the way the Codes Guidebook says to do it"--I have to show him the actual code sections that support my design. Since the Codes Guidebook doesn't tell me which sections to go to, I end up doing just as much work, if not more, because I have to pour over the model code to find how the book arrived at the summarized solution. Specific sources need to be cited frequently.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Accounting > Taxes
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Decorating
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Interior Design
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Puzzles & Games
- Books > Law > Academic Materials > Civil Procedure
- Books > Law > Business
- Books > Law > One-L > Civil Procedure
- Books > Law > Procedures & Litigation > Civil Procedure
- Books > Law > Taxation
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Accounting > Taxes
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Interior Design
- Books > Science & Math > Technology