Collected Works of Florence Nightingale: Volume 5: Florence Nightingale on Society and Politics, Philosophy, Science, Education and Literature Hardcover – May 16 2003
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Lynn McDonald is a professor of sociology at the University of Guelph, Ontario. She is a former president of the National Action Committee on the Status of Women, Canada’s largest women’s organization, and a former Member of Parliament. Her Non-smokers’ Health Act made Parliamentary history as a private member’s bill, and made Canada a leader in the “tobacco wars.” She is the author of The Early Origins of the Social Sciences (1993) and The Women Founders of the Social Sciences (1994) (both McGill-Queen’s University Press) and editor of Women Theorists on Society and Politics (1998) (Wilfrid Laurier University Press), all of which have significant sections on Florence Nightingale.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Ethnic & National > Irish
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Medical
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups > Women
- Books > History > Asia > India
- Books > History > Historical Study > Social History
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Essays
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Political
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing