- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Combinatorial Games: Tic-Tac-Toe Theory Hardcover – Apr 21 2008
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"This is an excellent, extensive, and readable review of combinatorial game theory... The book, which is very hard to put down, ends with an extremely helpful dictionary and list of open problems."
M. Bona, University of Florida for CHOICE
"A most thorough and useful treatment of the subject (so far insufficiently presented in the literature), with an enormous store of results, links with other theories, and interesting open problems."
A. Pultr, Mathematical Reviews
"József Beck has done a tremendous amount of work in this area. Many results appear in this book for the first time. This is a great book that brings many (all?) of the results in this field under one roof."
William Gasarch for SIGACT News
In this comprehensive volume, József Beck shows readers how to escape from the combinatorial chaos arising in the analysis of many games by using the fake probabilistic method, a game-theoretic adaptation of the probabilistic method in combinatorics. Striking results are obtained and new duality principles discovered.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Antiques & Collectibles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Evolution
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Evolution > Game Theory
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics > Combinatorics
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics > Discrete Mathematics
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mathematics