Come on Over-Remixes
|Price:||CDN$ 7.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. You're Still The One|
|3. From This Moment (The Right Mix)|
|4. Black Eyes, Blue Tears|
|5. I won't Leave You Lonely|
|6. I'm Holdin' On To Love (To Save My Life)|
|7. Come On Over|
|8. You've Got A Way (Notting Hill Remix)|
|9. Whatever You Do! Don't!|
|10. Man! I Feel Like A Woman!|
|11. Love Gets Me Every Time|
|12. Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)|
|13. That Don't Impress Me Much|
|14. Honey, I'm Home|
|15. If You Wanna Touch Her, Ask!|
|16. Rock This Country|
The come-from-nowhere success of Shania Twain's previous album, The Woman in Me, proved that the world was ready for a combination of traditional instruments, girl-power themes, and dance-pop dynamics. Whether Twain is a modern-day Dolly Parton or a country music Spice Girl is a matter of perspective; on Come on Over, she accentuates the sing-along choruses and simple dance rhythms while downplaying the country elements. As a pop move, it works wonderfully for Twain, earning her a valued spot on MTV, VH1, and pop radio. The emphasis is on fun rather than depth, of course, but no one can accuse her of being stingy: she and her producer/husband, slick-rock king Robert "Mutt" Lange (Def Leppard, Bryan Adams, AC/DC), load down the album with 16 songs, all of them quite radio-friendly. This U.S. issue of the "international version" pushes the record's many hit singles even further toward pop with a slate of remixes. --Michael McCall
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Shania had to endure a lot of criticism over this album, as a lot of purists didn't like the direction in which she was taking country music. However, it did bring country music to a lot more listeners with some of the crossover hits such as "You're Still The One" and "That Don't Impress Me Much". It also helped that the hits just kept coming almost endlessly for several years ("Don't Be Stupid", "Love Gets Me Every Time", "Honey I'm Home", "From This Moment On", "Man! I Feel Like A Woman", etc.).
Shania readily admits that she makes music that she thinks people want to hear. And what's wrong with that? An album like this just goes to show that people want to be entertained. Fill an album with catchy fast songs with great hooks and throw in a few gorgeous ballads, and you will have the CD's flying off the shelves.
While many songs remain relatively untouched, some of them greatly benefit from a bit of remixing. Both 'Man! I Feel Like A Woman!' and 'Honey, I'm Home!' sound sharper than ever with an ever-so-slightly different drum beat, and other tracks like 'Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)' and 'I'm Holdin' on to Love (To Save My Life)' are more dance-able than ever.
There are two songs that stand out, however. The dance mix of radio hit 'That Don't Impress Me Much', which was played more than the regular album version, is included on this album, as is the single version of 'From This Moment On'. While the vocals on the latter are not quite as strong as on the original mix (the song no longer features Bryan White but is instead just Shania), the orchestration more than makes up for it.
If you already own "Come On Over" and only listen to it occasionally, this album is not for you. However, if you love Shania's work and are looking for those great tracks in a more pop style, buy this one.
1. Man, I Feel Like a Woman!- This is an upbeat song with great tunes and lyrics that will make you want to sing along.
2. I'm Holdin' On to Love (to save my life)- This is a fun, fast song but it's also relaxing to listen to and the melody is great.
3. Love Gets Me Every Time- This is also a fast song that will get you dancing!
4. Don't Be Stupid (you know I love you)- This is a funny song! It's kind of fast, but it has cool violin parts in it, too.
5. From This Moment On- This is a really pretty song! On the original CD, not on the international version I don't think, she sings it as a duet with Bryan White. They both sing really good.
6. Come On Over- As the title song on the CD, it's really fun and great to listen to! It's a great dancing song too.
7. When- I love this song! It talks about how unrealistic it is for this person's boyfriend, or whatever, to ever come back to her. She sings in the song, "When money grows on trees, when people live in peace, then you'll come back to me!" It's a good song. It has a neat guitar solo also.
8. Whatever You Do, Don't!- The melody on this song is really cool. It's kind of like slow and low-sounding, but then the chorus gets loud and fast.
9. If You Want To Touch Her, Ask!- This song has a good guitar beat to it.Read more ›
1) Man! I Feel Like A Woman - 5/5
2) I'm Holdin' On To Love (To Save My Life) - 4/5
3) Love Gets Me Every Time - 4.5/5
4) Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You) - 4.5/5
5) From This Moment On - 5/5
6) Come On Over - 5/5
7) When - 5/5
8) Whatever You Do! Don't! - 5/5
9) If You Wanna Touch Her, Ask! - 4.5/5
10) You're Still The One - 5/5
11) Honey, I'm Home - 5/5
12) That Don't Impress Me Much - 5/5
13) Black Eyes, Blue Tears - 4/5
14) I Won't Leave You Lonely - 4/5
15) Rock This Country - 5/5
16) You've Got A Way - 6/5
I enjoyed this CD a lot. YOU SHOULD BUY THIS instead of the international version. My friends liked it, too.
Most recent customer reviews
i got this cd because it had the song my husband and i had our first dance as husband and wife toPublished 21 months ago by Amazon Customer
No big social commentary here, no intellectual thoughts, no harding hitting politics...JUST PURE FUN. The world needs more pure fun. Read morePublished on July 8 2004 by J. McAndrew
that's the good thing about an artist...shania is aware of her fan base so she releases COME ON OVER with 2 different versions.. Read morePublished on June 3 2004 by J. Sumaran
I got the regular version of Come On Over yesterday at Sam Goody in Pioneer Place. And I imported the CD in my computer by using the iTunes program. Read morePublished on May 24 2004 by Chen Yee
I love Shania's music - she writes a lot of her stuff herself,and though she is not an exceptional singer,her music appeals to my husband and I
This CD is AWESOME. Read more
shania has great fun songz so if u wanna have fun and luv sarcastic and kool songz buys this cd kay thanx ttylPublished on April 3 2004