We received this bouncer, in a different pattern (Vintage Garden), as a gift from a friend. We started using it right away, after coming home from the hospital. Our baby loved it right away, falling asleep easily in it. She is now 5 months old (and 16.5 lbs and 27 inches), and still uses it frequently. She is getting kind of long for it, since her head just about reaches the top of the bouncer, but she seems comfortable and happy in it. Our daycare also has one of these, and has placed her down for naps in it (and she sleeps well in it there to this day).
1) It's light weight, making it easy to grab with one hand and drag it to a different part of the house while holding the baby.
2) We've used it A LOT over the last 5 months (in the early days, we'd use it for hours a day, and now we use it multiple times a week), and yet we STILL have never had to replace the batteries.
3) The bouncer included an insert for newborns to help cradle them more snuggly. Even better, the head part and the body part of the insert are separate, so if your baby outgrow one part before the other, you have the flexibility to remove whichever piece you no longer need.
4) The vibration is very quiet (and it's often hard to tell it's on without feeling it), and the music is also soft and not obnoxious (and there are two volume settings, though we always have it on the loudest setting, and have no issues with it being too loud)
5) The toys on the overhang are well attached -- our baby's rather strong, and has a knack for pulling things apart; yet these toys have survived months of vigorous tugging, and look no worse for the wear.
6) It reclines to two different angles -- laying back and sitting up a bit. Our baby prefers the laying back position, and even in that position she still has a good vantage point of the room around her.
1) We really wish the music stayed on longer. It lasts about 10 minutes (I timed it, since for a long while, our baby would cry as soon as the music stopped, and then stop crying as soon as we turned it back on -- so I got good at resetting the music before it stopped).
2) It does not bounce itself. The vibration is a little more subtle, and causes no noticeable bounce. You can manually bounce it with a hand or foot, but I found it to be kind of tedious, and our baby didn't particularly care for it.
We'd definitely buy it again!