- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Commercial Real Estate Investing in Canada: The Complete Reference for Real Estate Professionals Hardcover – Dec 21 2007
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Inside Flap
Commercial real Estate Investing in Canada is the first book of its kind in Canada to inform and assist investors-both novice and seasoned-in building a portfolio of commercial properties that maximizes financial gains while minimizing time and expenses. Investors, of course, rely on an experienced team of professionals, and this book will also prove to be an invaluable resource for Realtors, lawyers, engineers, property managers, and the financial community.
Throughout Commercial Real Estate Investing in Canada, the author team of Pierre Boiron and Claude Boiron distill their considerable expertise as commercial real estate specialists to provides investors with a practical and motivational toolkit for success. From apartment buildings to townhouse complexes and mixed-use facilities, retail malls, and warehouses to office buildings, readers can rely on this authoritative reference to:
- Source propertie4s
- determine fair market value (and find real bargains!)
- assess the balance between risk and opportunity
- develop a grounding in law, taxes, financing, property management, and tenant legislation issues
- leverage increases in property values to finance additional acquisitions
- divest intelligently when the market signals are favourable.
Commercial Real Estate Investing in Canada also covers important aspects of the environmental footprint that buildings leave, and offers advice as to how to re-engineer a building with respect to many "green" aspects such as water usage, lighting, decreasing energy demands, and enhancing comfort levels for users.
Many fortunes have been made in commercial real estate and many more will be made in the future. With this timely guide and reference, both Canadians and global investors interested in the Canadian market now have an authoritative resource to help them move ahead with confidence.
From the Back Cover
FROM THE AUTHORS' PREFACE TO COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE INVESTING IN CANADA.
Through our years of expereince in commercial real estate, it became apparent to us that we had gathered a body of knowledge that would be of interest to investors and professionals, such as Realtors, financiers, lawyers, property managers, and their tenants. We would often be called on to render an opinion or conduct research on various aspects of commercial real estate. Hence, we thought it timely to write a book that is both a primer on commercial real estate investment and a useful tool and reference guide for seasoned professionals.
Here, in broad strokes, are the main topics our book addresses:
- why should consider investing in commercial real estate
- what to look for in each of the main types of real estate
- purchasing strategies
- a primer in real estate taxation
- how to build your team of professionals
- how offers to buy and leases are structured and what you should pay attention to specifically
- how commercial property financing works
- an understanding of property management, repairs, and renovations
- the requirements and responsibilities of being a good landlord
- how to conduct due diligence for prospective tenants
- ways to increase income and lower expenses from the property
Owning a copy of Commercial Real Estate Investing in Canada entitles you to a free newsletter subscription to the Real Estate Mentor Newsletter where you will receive useful updates, resources, and tips about the exciting world of commercial real estate investing. You also have an opportunity to contact the authors with your comments and questions about the book. Sign up today at www.realestatementor.ca.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Investing
- Books > Business & Investing > Real Estate > Investments
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Real Estate > Investments
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Investments & Securities
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Real Estate