Redefining simplicity with its thin lines and glossy black Imprint finish, the stylish and reliable HP Compaq CQ60-210CA notebook PC provides all the basics for your mobile computing needs at an affordable price. Enjoy full screen viewing with the 15.6-inch screen's 16:9 aspect ratio--perfect for full-screen viewing of HDTV and other HD content. And the BrightView display looks good even in direct sunlight, and it supports High-Definition video playback (native 720p) enhanced by Altec Lansing audio.
You can easily burn your home video productions to DVD for friends and family with the dual-layer, multi-format DVD/CD burner, which enables you to store up to 8.5 GB of data on a DL disc. Create custom laser-etched disc labels right in the drive with LightScribe disc printing.
This 6.6-pound laptop is powered by the 2.0 GHz dual-core AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 processor, which provides easy multitasking capabilities, and it features 54g wireless networking (802.11b/g), enabling you to stay connected at coffeeshop and airport hotspots. Other features include a large 250 GB hard drive, 2 GB of installed RAM (4 GB maximum), multi-format memory card reader, NVIDIA GeForce 8200M graphics with up to 895 MB of total available graphics memory, and pre-installed Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit, Service Pack 1). This PC also includes 60 days of Norton Internet Security 2009 (with the option to extend) for PC and identity protection when you email, bank and shop online.
|Spec Check |
- 15.6-inch LCD screen (true 16:9)
- 2.0 GHz AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 dual-core processor
- 250 GB hard drive
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB maximum)
- Dual-layer Lightscribe DVD±R drive
- 54g Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
- NVIDIA GeForce 8200M graphics (up to 895 MB total)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
- Weighs 6.62 pounds
Screen, Video & Audio
- Processor: AMD's Athlon X2 QL-62 dual-core processor is built for tomorrow's 64-bit applications, which will require a processor with significant power. Dual-core technology is like having two processors working together, each one taking care of different applications, so power-users actually experience greater performance when multiple applications are running. Digital media enthusiasts will appreciate the enhancements while simultaneously working in high-definition video and photo editing and audio mixing programs. It includes such AMD features as HyperTransport Technology (which increases the communication between integrated circuits) and Enhanced Virus Protection.
This 2.0 GHz processor offers a system bus with speeds up to a blazing 3600 MHz and each core offers a 512 KB L2 cache--for a 1 MB total. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
- Hard Drive: The generous 250 GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 RPM) provides more than enough capacity for storing a large audio and video library, as well as extra space required for video editing. This SATA hard drive also quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data--akin to Firewire and USB 2.0.
- Memory: The 2 GB of installed RAM (PC2-6400, 1 x 2 GB, 2 x 1 GB) is a great start. This notebook has a 4 GB maximum RAM capacity (2 x 2 GB). To receive the faster data transfer benefits of the dual-channel DDR2 RAM, any RAM additions require memory modules of same capacity and clockspeed.
- DVD/CD Drive: This multiformat DVD/CD drive is compatible with writing both DVD+ and DVD- disc formats as well as dual-layer (DL) DVD+/-R discs, which can store up to 8.5 GB of data. It features 4x DVD-R DL Write Once, 2.4x DVD+R DL Write Once, 8x DVD+R, 4x DVD+RW, 8x DVD-R, 4x DVD-RW, 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CD-R, 24x CD-RW, and 40x CD-ROM speeds.
This LightScribe DVD±RW drive lets you laser-etch silkscreen quality text and images on to CDs and DVDs . Your software, PC and discs work together for a no-hassle way to burn just the labels you want. After you burn content, just flip the disc over, reinsert and burn your label--anything from a simple title to a full-disc work of art.
- Keyboard & Mouse: This notebook has a 101-key keyboard (with integrated numeric keypad) and a touchpad with on/off button and dedicated vertical/horizontal Scroll Up/Down pad.
You'll enjoy razor-sharp graphics and widescreen movies with the 15.6-inch WXGA high-definition screen, which has a widescreen resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels--a perfect 16:9 aspect ratio for watching DVD movies the way they were meant to be seen. Video is powered by the NVIDIA GeForce 8200M graphics card, which provides up to 895 MB of available RAM/video memory. Optimized for mobile computing, it provides long lasting performance even when watching high-definition videos or using graphically intense applications. PureVideo HD does the video decoding, instead of the power-hungry CPU, extending your battery life, reducing fan noise, and freeing the CPU for multitasking, so you never miss a scene. Various technologies such as PowerMizer SX or SmartDimmer help monitor your system to maximize performance or battery life.
The Altec Lansing speakers provide exceptional sound, and a pair of stereo earbud headphones with volume controls is included.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
This notebook has an integrated 54g wireless LAN that's fully compatible with 802.11b/g wireless networks. Note that it does not come with either a PC Card or ExpressCard slot. It includes the following basic set of connectivity options:
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- 1 VGA monitor port
- 1 headphone jack and 1 microphone jack
- RJ-45 port for 10/100 Ethernet connection
- 56K modem port (V.90)
- 5-in-1 memory card reader (Secure Digital, MultiMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, xD Picture Card)
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 (32-bit) is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
- Cyberlink DVD Suite: Create CDs and DVDs. Edit, burn and archive data to discs.
- Microsoft Works 9: Includes a word processor, spreadsheet, database and calendar.
- Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007 (60-day trial version).
- Adobe Reader 8: Read and print PDF files.
- Norton Internet Security 2009 protects your PC and your identity when you email, bank and shop online; 60 days of protection updates included.
Dimensions & Weight
This notebook measures 14.88 x 9.9 x 1.72 inches (WxHxD) and weighs 6.62 pounds.
It's powered by a 6-cell rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which has a battery life of up to 2 hours (depending on usage).
What's in the Box
This package contains the HP Compaq Presario CQ60-210CA notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions. It is backed by a limited warranty for parts and labor for one year from date of purchase as well as technical telephone assistance for one year. Software is also covered for 30 days from date of purchase.
Compaq. Processor: AMD-Athlon X2 QL-62, Memory: 2GB, Hard Drive: 250GB, Optical Drive; DVD-RW LightScribe, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G Integrated Graphics, Screen: 15.6", Black & Silver - Black Keyboard, 802.11 b/g. OS:32-bit SP1, Battery: 6 cell, Language: ENGLISH/FRENCH