- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Complete Course in Professional Piano Tuning: Repair and Rebuilding Paperback – Jan 1 2001
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel, please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
There are no customer reviews yet on Amazon.ca
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
23 of 28 people found the following review helpful
By Claude Hawks - Published on Amazon.com
What a wonderful publication! I am a musician in that I play by ear. This book emphasizes that a piano tuner may benefit from knowing music but, it is not essential that one be a music theorist - which I'm not. It brings us up to speed on the construction of the many types of pianos and the commonalities that all have. Next is the chapter on the actual construction of a piano's "action" and, with many diagrams and photos, identifies the many parts and how they inter relate to create sound. Later chapters are dedicated to tuning and repair. There are exhaustive instructions on listening for the "beats - the sounds" that enable one to tune a piano perfectly such that it is compatible with other musical instruments. This means that the piano is actually a little "off" in terms of perfect pitch so that it really is compatible with other sources of musical sounds. The book is readable. It is a text, but it is understandable without requiring one to have had prior experience in the discipline. Well worth my investment.
4 of 5 people found the following review helpful
By newreader - Published on Amazon.com
This book has been very clear and informational. I am an amateur, yet it's easy to visualize the information.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
By gary tash - Published on Amazon.com
helpful ad easily read
By richard ford - Published on Amazon.com
0 of 1 people found the following review helpful
By Francis Elmer - Published on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Studying & Workbooks > Study Skills
- Books > Education & Reference > Test Preparation > Careers > Vocational Tests
- Books > Education & Reference > Test Preparation > Graduate & Professional > Professional
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Business
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Instruments & Performers > Piano
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Instrumentation > Piano
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Manufacturing
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Music
- Books > Textbooks > Test Prep & Study Guides