WHAT NEXT? is your personal coach to self-discovery. Reveal your authentic self and gain a deeper understanding of what motivates you in your quest for fulfilling and meaningful work.
WHAT NEXT? is the ultimate career resource for every stage of your working life: starting out, searching for your unique path, moving ahead, re-evaluating priorities, considering flexible work arrangements, shifting careers, or evaluating later career options.
WHAT NEXT? resonates with the tough realities of what you face at work today-both the challenges and opportunities. Dr. Barbara Moses has worked with thousands of people of all ages and from every type of work. She has learned what people struggle with, what causes them to derail, and what they need to rise above the frenetic busyness and make successful career and life choices
Your journey to work that matters.
A comprehensive career bible, WHAT NEXT? features self-assessment tools, diagnostic instruments, quizzes, guided exercises, easy-to-follow samples, models, and savvy career advice. Its age and career stage targeted advice will enable you to:
· discover your unique talents, values, and motivational type
· find your fit in ten industry sectors and roles within those sectors
· identify your best work and work configuration from self-employment to part-time and all points in between
· find, pitch yourself for, and create great work
· overcome career challenges such as burn-out, boredom, and lack of passion
· restore balance in your life
· become a career activist and express your authentic self in your work
· apply twelve new strategies for career success
More than one million people have completed Barbara Moses internationally acclaimed Career Planning Workbook, a corporate bestseller. Now, Moses reveals the secrets behind that success in WHAT NEXT?, an inspiring, insightful, and intelligent work that provides caring advice that works. Beautifully designed, the book motivates and guides you through the process of revealing your unique talents and translating those features into work that matters to you.
Managers, career coaches, and human resource professionals will find fresh ideas and information on attracting, retaining and developing new workers, including:
· developing and rewarding people based on their motivational type
· designing work environments and cultures that meet the needs of todays worker
· coaching bored, stressed or burned-out individuals
· understanding the skill and attitude requirements for success in different roles and functions
· making work/life balance work for individuals, types of work, and in the culture
· inspiring individuals to become career activists