- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Computer Security Fundamentals Paperback – Mar 3 2005
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
: This gateway into the world of computer security provides one-volume coverage of all the basic concepts, terminology and issues, along with practical skills essential to security. Topics covered range from those commonly found in security books such as virus attacks, buffer overflow, hacking spyware and network defense, as well as more specialized areas including cyber terrorism, industrial espionage and encryption. Providing a comprehensive introduction, this volumes examines assessing a target system, denial of service attacks, malware, basics of assessing and securing a system, encryption, Internet fraud, and cyber crime, industrial espionage, cyber terrorism and information warfare, cyber detective, security hardware and software. For system analysts network administrators, network security professionals and security audit professionals.
About the Author
Chuck Easttom has been in the IT industry for many years working in all aspects including network administration, software engineering, and IT managementFor the past 10 years he has been parttime teaching at colleges and doing corporate trainingFor the past 7 years, he has also been an independent consultant working with a variety of companies and serving as an expert consultant/witness in various computer casesChuck holds more than 28 different IT industry certifications, including the CISSP, ISSAP, Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Hacking Forensics Investigator, EC Council Certified Security Administrator, and EC Council Certified InstructorHe has served as a subject matter expert for the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) in the development or revision of four of their certification tests, including the initial creation of their Security+ certification. Most recently he worked with the EC Council to develop their new advanced cryptography course, which he is teaching around the world.
In addition to this book, Chuck has authored 12 other titles on topics such as computer security, web development, programming, Linux, and computer crimeChuck also is a frequent guest speaker for computer groups, discussing computer securityYou can reach Chuck at his website www.chuckeasttom.com or by email at email@example.com--This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This is the best book for a beginner.
It has excellent exercises and review questions. I can unequivocally recomend it.
What bothers me greatly is how badly printed this book is. The screenshots are faded out and a bit blurry because it looks like they copied the book rather than printed it. The chapter numbers on the right edge of the pages are partially cut off when you get to chapters with two digits, which happens when you make a copy of a copy. The grays are faded and the book looks like they were running out of toner when they used a laser printer. At this price, the book should be printed using a normal printing process, not some cheap copying method.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Exams > Security+
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Privacy
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Security
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Security & Encryption
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Security & Encryption > Encryption
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking