- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Computer, Network, Software, and Hardware Engineering with Applications Hardcover – Mar 27 2012
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
There are many books on computers, networks, software, or hardware engineering. However, this one is different: it provides a comprehensive approach that integrates all of these components with applications. Moreover, it takes into account the people and organizations who depend on computer systems, enabling readers to design and deploy a seamless and secure computer-based system that meets the needs of all users.
Computer, Network, Software, and Hardware Engineering with Applications sets forth a step-by-step, total system approach to quantitatively analyze the performance, reliability, maintainability, and availability of computers, networks, software, and hardware. Moreover, the author explains how to evaluate and minimize the risk when deploying these integrated systems.
Following the author's clear explanations, readers will master:
Quantitative models to solve core computer, network, software, and hardware engineering problems
Mathematical and statistical models to test for reliability, maintainability, and availability
Statistical process and product control
Fault tree analysis and risk management
Effective resource allocation and assignment
Comprehensive computer and network security
Optimal network routing
Each chapter begins with an abstract outlining the core concepts. Throughout the book, quantitative examples help readers understand and interpret model results. Practice problems enable readers to use the principles set forth in the book to design and implement their own integrated solutions.
This book is ideal for students and professionals in computer, network, software, and hardware engineering. It will provide them with an essential set of tools and a new big-picture perspective for designing and implementing optimal computer-based systems solutions.
About the Author
Norman F. Schneidewind, PhD, is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Information Sciences and the Software Engineering Group at the Naval Postgraduate School. Dr. Schneidewind is a Fellow of the IEEE, elected in 1992 for his "contributions to software measurement models in reliability and metrics, and for leadership in advancing the field of software maintenance." In 2001, he received the IEEE Reliability Society's Engineer of the Year Award. Dr. Schneidewind was selected for an IEEE-USA Congressional Fellowship in 2005, working with the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs on issues of cyber security and privacy.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Security
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs > Networks
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering