- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Concepts in Surface Physics Paperback – Mar 13 2002
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Concepts in Aurface Physics presents a tutorial treatment of the main concepts and phenomena of the physics of crystal surfaces. Emphasis is placed on simplified calculations - and the corresponding detailed analytical derivations - that are able to throw light on the most important physical mechanisms. More rigorous techniques, which often require a large amount of computer time, are also explained. The topics treated include thermodynamic and statistical properties of clean nd adsorbate-covered surfaces, atomic structure, vibrational properties, electronic structure, and the theory of physisorption and chemisorption. As well as including some improvements on the original book, this second edition has been supplemented with problems to encourage students to investigate the subject more thoroughly.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Chemical > Materials
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Materials Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Chemistry > Physical & Theoretical
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Solid State Physics
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Physical & Theoretical > Physical Chemistry
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Surface Chemistry
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Solid-State Physics > Condensed Matter
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Chemistry
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Physics